New Twu Concession's Talks

Oct 9, 2003
I heard today that the TWU is already negotiating with the company for more concessions at the Anatole hotel here in DFW. What will the TWU give away this time? I guess Jim Little needed a raise. Wonder what the company's paying him for this round of givebacks? Remember to just vote yes and save your job!

I heard today that the TWU is already negotiating with the company for more concessions at the Anatole hotel here in DFW. What will the TWU give away this time? I guess Jim Little needed a raise. Wonder what the company's paying him for this round of givebacks? Remember to just vote yes and save your job!
Now why the Anatole for this forgone conclusion. Why waste the money, why not bring the negotiations right out in front of the folks on the hangar floor... :shock: We could set up a table in a bay and watch the action during breaks and lunches. Of course the wine and dining won't occur, but hey we got an iron kitchen for you. ;) You can continue around the clock including Thanksgiving and Christmas so you can feel like one of us. :blink:

Doubtful. All of senior management (including all of the union presidents and vice presidents who chose to attend) has been at the DFW Hyatt for the Fall Leadership Conference since Monday.

Plus, the Anotole is too damn expensive. If it were really happening, they'd be doing it at the Hyatt or the Bedford La Quinta....

Well, since this information came from our spies inside the TWU itself. I would have to say that it is not a rumor. With all the money the TWU has helped give back to the company they should be able to afford any hotel they want. Here at AFW the management has always perferred to use the Hampton Inn for "extra curricular" activities when they could have used the Motel 6 down the road.

Doubtful. All of senior management (including all of the union presidents and vice presidents who chose to attend) has been at the DFW Hyatt for the Fall Leadership Conference since Monday.

Plus, the Anotole is too damn expensive. If it were really happening, they'd be doing it at the Hyatt or the Bedford La Quinta....

Why? Last time they did it right at Corporate HQ!

Would that be the new expensive Grand Hyatt or the old Hyatt?

The local in BOS gave out new t-shirts, that's usually an indicator something is up. No snake this time though.

One thing is certain-our compensation will go down while our International "brothers" compensation will continue to climb.

I have been at TULE for 20 years and the mindset cannot be changed.The people here will overwhelmingly support more concessions no matter how much.I have been beating my head against the hangar walls for 20 years trying to get the people to see the bigger picture.I've been one who has discussed such ideas as geographical compensation to adjust for the cost of living in various locations.I would like this very much so I could transfer to SAN.
The majority of your fellow union members at TULE hate this idea because someone else would be getting payed more than them.They are too dense to understand that this would just allow their fellow union members to have a similar standard of living.The majority of people here have their heads buried in the sand and do not see and do not want to see the bigger picture.

My prediction:The contract maintenance at TULE will lose money and fall flat on its a_ _ in 2 years or less.
AA has tried contact maintenance 2 times in the 20 years I've been here and it failed miserably.1985 UPS and 1995 Fed-EX.They could not wait to get rid of Fed-Ex 727's AA lost lots of money in the FED-Ex 727 contract.

I have been at TULE for 20 years and the mindset cannot be changed.The people here will overwhelmingly support more concessions no matter how much.I have been beating my head against the hangar walls for 20 years trying to get the people to see the bigger picture.I've been one who has discussed such ideas as geographical compensation to adjust for the cost of living in various locations.I would like this very much so I could transfer to SAN.
The majority of your fellow union members at TULE hate this idea because someone else would be getting payed more than them.They are too dense to understand that this would just allow their fellow union members to have a similar standard of living.The majority of people here have their heads buried in the sand and do not see and do not want to see the bigger picture.

My prediction:The contract maintenance at TULE will lose money and fall flat on its a_ _ in 2 years or less.
AA has tried contact maintenance 2 times in the 20 years I've been here and it failed miserably.1985 UPS and 1995 Fed-EX.They could not wait to get rid of Fed-Ex 727's AA lost lots of money in the FED-Ex 727 contract.

Well, following the ad Local 562 put in the Tulsa World during the last round of concessions there were enough "No" votes that if not for MCI the vote would have been "NO".

Now most of those MCI "Yes" votes are on the street or in places like NYC where they share a hot bed with several other displaced "Show me state" guys. The economic reality of living in high cost areas is being felt by them so they are less likely to vote on more concessions.

I've been one who has discussed such ideas as geographical compensation to adjust for the cost of living in various locations.I would like this very much so I could transfer to SAN.

Given the cost of a single family home in San Diego AA would have to increase your pay five times for you to be able to afford to live there.

Given the cost of a single family home in San Diego AA would have to increase your pay five times for you to be able to afford to live there.
I visit San Diego frequently and have researched housing prices.
A nice 2 Bedroom-2 bath apartment can be rented for about $1500 per month.
The same type of rental in Tulsa would be $600-$800 per month.
A nice 3-bedroom 2 bath house can be rented for about $2200-$2500 per month outside the city in the suburbs.In Tulsa the same can be had for about $750-$1000 per month.

A financial website calculator cites that I would need 2.1 times my present income to have the same standard of living in SAN as TUL.

I would need 2 times my present income to live there,not 5 times.

Well, following the ad Local 562 put in the Tulsa World during the last round of concessions there were enough "No" votes that if not for MCI the vote would have been "NO".

Now most of those MCI "Yes" votes are on the street or in places like NYC where they share a hot bed with several other displaced "Show me state" guys. The economic reality of living in high cost areas is being felt by them so they are less likely to vote on more concessions.
<_< Bob! Thanks to support of our fellow Union brothers, and aa's compliance to certain Union concerns, we here at MCI don't have enough votes to make a differance!!!So go find another dog to kick!!! :angry:

Back