next vote-ifNwhen

Aug 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I voted NO, both times..next time (if)we vote it''s a BIG YES...give me my severence...or 10 months to retirment. I''am outa here.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/28/2002 1:29:06 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

I voted NO, both times..next time (if)we vote it's a BIG YES...give me my severence...or 10 months to retirment. I'am outa here.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I hope the luxury of retirement is there for you!!!

I have already given at the office...and just look what they have done with it!!

Should it come to a vote again? My Vote is going to be a resounding NO!! The TPA issue has sealed my resolve! There is no limit to what kind of distruction management is willing to impose on us...and impose is exactly what they will have to do!!

I'm not giving them anything again..They will have to take any additional concessions against my will this time.

My trust is in God...and Faith is a blonde haired Country Singer [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/28/2002 2:03:52 PM ONTHESTREET wrote:

Yes or No votes.....I do not think any of it really matters anymore. The airline IMHO is already dead.

I have to agree. USAirways is but a fraction of what it was...and further fragmentation is all that management has in mind for us.

It would have been nice to go out on top..but we haven't been on top of anything but the statistics list for a long time.

Now that management is asking for further cuts , outsourcing of work and the alike , I'm sure even the performance figures will drop.
People are not motivated by having thier teeth kicked in. Money is not the sole motivator either...but I can assure you this, if out sourced labor is allowed in as many areas as management is asking for? We have already effectively ceased being a viable operation..so why waste the tax payers money with the ATSB loans? Give it to a carrier that is going to run with the ball...or at least try to keep thier company and people intact.

It seems obvious to me that employee pay cuts/give backs aren't the problem. Generating revenue is. What are we doing about that? Advertizing? Treating our most valued customers like gold? Rationalizing fares?

All I can do is treat all my passengers with every bit of TLC I can. Accommodate every request I can possibly manage, give them what I have to give and make them want to fly this airline in spite of our crummy management.

I'm sorry, but after the way TPA was handled, MCO getting the doors slammed, I'm not in a very "management friendly" mode. But you can be sure I'll be very generous with our passengers. At least they'll remember the employees took good care of them.

I have already given at the office...and just look what they have done with it!!

Should it come to a vote again? My Vote is going to be a resounding NO!! The TPA issue has sealed my resolve! There is no limit to what kind of distruction management is willing to impose on us...and impose is exactly what they will have to do!!

I'm not giving them anything again..They will have to take any additional concessions against my will this time.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes or No votes.....I do not think any of it really matters anymore. The airline IMHO is already dead. They have cut back revenue so much and givin away entire markets (ex. BWI) that the only way that any of us will ever see more than 6 to 12 months of employment is in the remote chance that someone buys U. And the chances of a sale of the whole company is remote at best. I have a bad feeling that we are getting ready to see a PanAm style fire sale. The only ones left will be the few that go with the individual chunks, 100 here 100 there.

We have enough people on the streets to run 2 airlines the size of AirTran. When you compare U with the rest of the industry we are 6 years ahead of the others into the abyss. When times were good U sat on the sideline and mismanaged our way into the toilet. We were in bad trouble before 9-11 and now...........

Sorry for being so blunt, but having been out for a while and looking at it from another point of view, This is the picture that I see.

I do hope that I am wrong!

"management friendly" , is not the issue with me..55 or severence is the only issue. Actually I dont believe any vote will matter, the Fat Lady is singing,and sipping fine wine, while looking up "at the Big Picture", hanging on the wall in Dave's office in Crystal City.