No Belt Loaders to DASH-8 Aircraft

As I said, we've never used beltloader on the Dash 8. Our procedure has been to pull the bag cart by hand to near the door, with one person moving bags from the cart to the bin, and a second person in the bin stacking. I am not aware of anyone being injured while doing this. The motion is also quite similar (thought a bit higher) to loading a beltloader.

Bag carts are made to be pulled by tugs, not people. I'm sure that works real well when the ramp is slippery with ice/snow/glycol etc. You do it your way, and I will do it my way. :up:

Bag carts are made to be pulled by tugs, not people. I'm sure that works real well when the ramp is slippery with ice/snow/glycol etc. You do it your way, and I will do it my way. :up:

Yeah, really. I see a GVW (gross vehicle weight) tag on our tug bag carts...4,000 pounds. That's a maximum of two tons...each. And they expect those to be pulled by manpower? We are never close to max weight, but still. That makes absolutely NO sense.

It sounds more like your station isn't properly provisioned with powered industrial equipment.

LAS has not had proper equipment in the 11 years I've been here. We dont' have enough tugs for the runners, so there's no way we'd get tugs on the gate too.

Once upon a time manly men, and some very tough women, worked the ramp.

And there were a few who weren't going to 'kill' themselves running local bags, and had notes from their doctor requiring work that wouldn't damage their nails.

Latest posts