No More Dedicated Shuttle Aircraft...

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
After I watched that PIT news piece about PIT-MIA and fares, I thought to myself "2184 is a strange flight number for a mainline flight out of PIT"

Anyway, I punched in the flight number on the US website, and this is what the result was:

US Airways Shuttle Flight 2184

Monday, May 3, 2004
Departure Arrival
Airport: Washington Reagan, DC (DCA) Airport: New York Lga, NY (LGA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled Time:
7:00pm Scheduled Time:
8:08pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated Time:
Cancelled Estimated Time:
Cancelled

Gate:
43 Gate:

Aircraft:
Airbus A319 Baggage Claim:
Not Available
Comments: This flight has been cancelled. The aircraft is unavailable because of a prior cancellation due to air traffic congestion. Customers will be re-accommodated. For information about your party please contact US Airways Reservations at (800) 428-4322.

Guess it is a good thing that the "5 Shuttle Guarantees" have expired... they would be handing out lots of Dividend Miles tonight!

Why doesn't US just direct all of the business over to Delta Shuttle? It might save passengers some time!

Last I heard the Shuttle aircraft are fenced-in each day. Meaning, the aircraft either operates the Shuttle all day or not at all.

1. Delta Shuttle has it's share of troubles as well, so it ain't a US thing.

2. The non-traditional half hour flights US added (BOS-LGA@0730) are the only Shuttle flights not dedicated to the Shuttle. Anything beyond that is an anomally. I worked the Shuttle for years and they only pull one if they are literally in a pickle.

BYW...I have noticed that the Shuttle loads have really been up lately. :)