No more JFK-Kingston

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
In what I find very surprising, AA is cutting JFK-Kingston service 1 February 2003. I find it surprising because the Caribbean market is hot right now. Now, I know Kingston, as opposed to Motego Bay, is a VFR market (needless to say, the only US cities with non-stops to Kingston are New York City, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami; the three largest Jamaican ex-pat communities), but I''m still surprised, especially since they are keeping JFK-Montego Bay, and Montego Bay is not as popular from New York City. Oh well...I''m sure there is a reason.

These flights require too much turn-time for aircraft due to DEA sweeps.

Use the aircraft on more profitable UAL shared routes. UAL must fold in order for AMR to have better yields. AMR needs to turn up the heat, while UAL is sidelined and distracted in BK court.

All suspect routes are under the microscope right now.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/18/2002 1:02:59 AM MAH4546 wrote:
[P]In what I find very surprising, AA is cutting JFK-Kingston service 1 February 2003. I find it surprising because the Caribbean market is hot right now. Now, I know Kingston, as opposed to Motego Bay, is a VFR market (needless to say, the only US cities with non-stops to Kingston are New York City, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami; the three largest Jamaican ex-pat communities), but I'm still surprised, especially since they are keeping JFK-Montego Bay, and Montego Bay is not as popular from New York City. Oh well...I'm sure there is a reason. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]What;s a VFR market?
[P]
[P][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 1:02:59 AM MAH4546 wrote:

In what I find very surprising, AA is cutting JFK-Kingston service 1 February 2003.

----------------
[/blockquote]
This is a seasonal drop only. Nonstops come back June 15 thru Sept 2.