Vacation In Style

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
I see that we've launched a new fare structure......Now we're offering reduced FC fares in several LEISURE markets, but continue to offer the same high coach/FC fares where no one is supposedly paying them. How about some more A4Coach fares being offered? No offense to the guys who've earned an upgrade, but if we can SELL IT for more than the V or K fare (then upgrade) why dont we offer A fares in more markets? At least in those cities that think we're ripping them off (PIT/PHL/CLT) they'd get a good seat out of it!
Some sample fares from our new Leisure FC offering.

Sample Markets Roundtrip Fares*

Charlotte - Grand Bahama Island $400
Hartford/Springfield - Montego Bay $530
New York LaGuardia - Las Vegas $498
Philadelphia - Grand Bahama Island $400
Pittsburgh - Montego Bay $530
Providence - Las Vegas, NV $498
Raleigh/Durham - Grand Bahama Island $430
Los Angeles - Montego Bay $600
Washington, DC National - Las Vegas, NV $498

Why arent we doing more to offer FC to those BUSINESS PEOPLE CCY IS SAYING WE DONT HAVE? They are flying SOMEONE out there (or us and paying a discount fare.) Might as well offer it to the business guys who arent paying the "real fare" you want them to or would that be bad business?

Funny you mention this. I was booking DCA-SEA today, selected Coach thru our corporate booking tool and, low and behold, the system came back with a first class ticket cheaper than any Coach ticket available (after our corporate discount was applied). The only F legs were PHL-SEA and SEA-PHL; DCA-PHL and PHL-DCA were booked in M. I need to look-up the fare class, though, as I didn't see this fare class listed on usairways.com.

Edited to add the details:

NOV 10
DCA-PHL (MA3F)
PHL-SEA (FE71SN)

NOV 13
SEA-PHL (FE71SN)
PHL-DCA (MA3F)

Total ticket cost - $774.00

When I looked on usairways.com, I didn't see FE71SN listed as a valid fare for DCA-SEA or PHL-SEA. Any thoughts?

tadjr said:
Why arent we doing more to offer FC to those BUSINESS PEOPLE CCY IS SAYING WE DONT HAVE? They are flying SOMEONE out there (or us and paying a discount fare.) Might as well offer it to the business guys who arent paying the "real fare" you want them to or would that be bad business?
I don't know. We should probably ask dave. Maybe it makes-----------------

Attachments

• good_sense.jpeg
    good_sense.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 118
Offering a sane coach fare in business markets is what needs to happen. If I booked a ticket in F, regardless of the sanity of doing so (eg, less than other coach options), I'd spend a whole bunch of time defending the decision.

A realistic coach fare structure. See HP for an example of why this works.