NOMINEE'S FOR LOCAL 514 OFFICERS AND POSITIONS

Well, I agree 100% with Kev in principle.
An injury to one is an injury to all!
All work groups should work collectively to improve relative their positions. (still have that link Kev?) :p

The problem is the unions divide the workers just as much as management. The union workers divide themselves just as much if not more. These ‘deals’ they make without membership input is the norm, not the exception. As an end game excuse, the onion simply says ‘you voted for it’.

I never heard of one ramper complain about doing receive and dispatch; push backs, wing walking or any other job that used to be line mechanics. With a little training and no pay increase, they just love it.

So much for the line mechanic head count.

I also never heard a line mechanic complain about getting rid of avionic mechanics. They run in droves to get an FCC license to prove they can do the job. Pay $500 or so out of their own pocket, study on their own time and register their license with the company. With a little training and no pay increase (sorry 2 license max), they just love it.

So much for the avionic mechanic head count.

We eat our young, make no doubt about it!
The company loves it and the onion loves it.

‘IF’ the company and the onion can divide a shared sacrifice equally, then fine. I haven’t seen much of that in the last 20 years.

But it appears to me that in AA/TWU case, the M&R may have taken a bigger hit than the FSC. I don’t have all the details and too lazy to look them up so how about some of you AA guys providing some info to discuss your grievances/disparity.

Just my 2 Cents,
B) xUT

But it appears to me that in AA/TWU case, the M&R may have taken a bigger hit than the FSC. I don’t have all the details and too lazy to look them up so how about some of you AA guys providing some info to discuss your grievances/disparity.

Just my 2 Cents,
B) xUT
How about not. Just let M&R and the AMFA vote run it's course. There has already been some disagreements among us and tempers voiced. Let's just drop it and move on xUT.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I agree 100% with Kev in principle.
An injury to one is an injury to all!
All work groups should work collectively to improve relative their positions. (still have that link Kev?) :p

The problem is the unions divide the workers just as much as management. The union workers divide themselves just as much if not more. These ‘deals’ they make without membership input is the norm, not the exception. As an end game excuse, the onion simply says ‘you voted for it’.

I never heard of one ramper complain about doing receive and dispatch; push backs, wing walking or any other job that used to be line mechanics. With a little training and no pay increase, they just love it.

So much for the line mechanic head count.

I also never heard a line mechanic complain about getting rid of avionic mechanics. They run in droves to get an FCC license to prove they can do the job. Pay $500 or so out of their own pocket, study on their own time and register their license with the company. With a little training and no pay increase (sorry 2 license max), they just love it.

So much for the avionic mechanic head count.

We eat our young, make no doubt about it!
The company loves it and the onion loves it.

‘IF’ the company and the onion can divide a shared sacrifice equally, then fine. I haven’t seen much of that in the last 20 years.

Just my 2 Cents,
B) xUT
Well written.

Well, hey it's not just the baggage handlers getting better treatment from the TWU than the AMTs. Take a look at dispatch pay, and let's not forget about the sim techs. The TWU has kept them on par with their industry peers as well. The TWU hates AMTs, it's that simple.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, hey it's not just the baggage handlers getting better treatment from the TWU than the AMTs. Take a look at dispatch pay, and let's not forget about the sim techs. The TWU has kept them on par with their industry peers as well. The TWU hates AMTs, it's that simple.
That's pretty much it.

Enough of the amfa crying! Now its time to get back to the business of running our union. I will be supporting John Hewitt for president, Gary Yingst for vice president, Tony Bunch for chairman of maintenance, D'Ann Johnson for financial secretary, and have my list for candidates for the executive board for Local 514. There are plenty of good candidates running for the board positions and I wish all well with their campaigns. Best of luck to all who are running.....

I won't be happy when fleet and/or stores are the lowest paid. But they seem to not care that we are the lowest paid don't they? I will be happy when we are gone from the TWU. It is the TWU that is doing all of this. The TWU has kept AMT pay low. TWU also outsourced our work to FS.

Its not fleet and its definitely not stores that hurt us, if anything we hurt Stores, they held out the longest and now they have more vacation and are among the highest paid among their peers, while we are the lowest. We did it to ourselves, Tulsa and Title II with a little help from Charlie Meyers, the only A&P who voted to fold and give the company everything they want. Only one Title II voted against it.

Tulsa AMTs either pick pro-management A&Ps (Steve Luis) or painters ( Hewitt) to be their representative at negotiations. You guys have elections going on, maybe its time you guys take an interest and make sure that the guy you send isn't a management wannabe or someone who never had any interest in aviation who slid in through a family friend (likely in management) for the benefits. Typically less than half of Tulsa votes, then those that do split their vote between multiple candidates, so a guy who gets 800 votes ends up winning where the electorate is 6000. The 800 gets him control of 6000 which gets him in control of 11500 which in turn affects every aircraft mechanic in the industry by pushing through concessionry deals which negatively affect the market rate.

If the 26%ers rallied behind a single candidate on each spot you could pick who runs Tulsa and if not change the direction at least expose the ATD for what it is. Looks like that will be your only option till at least after the merger, do you want the same guys who pushed to give away system protection and outsource Overhaul to negotiate the "harmonization" with USAIR? Do you want the guy who wanted to allow management to pick and remove Crew Chiefs at will in exchange for $5/hr while everyone else got crumbs to be your voice?

Our headcount in many Line stations continues to increase, they not only decimated AFW with the terms that were brought back with a YES recommendation but still reduced headcount in Tulsa with another 2000 heads gone by 2017 according to their own predictions.

Enough of the amfa crying! Now its time to get back to the business of running our union. I will be supporting John Hewitt for president, Gary Yingst for vice president, Tony Bunch for chairman of maintenance, D'Ann Johnson for financial secretary, and have my list for candidates for the executive board for Local 514. There are plenty of good candidates running for the board positions and I wish all well with their campaigns. Best of luck to all who are running.....
You Still believe? WOW
If you honestly believe the AMFA supporters will ever stop until an election is held, you are sadly mistaken. All this did was create more of us and strengthen the resolve of the longer tentured supporters.

Now get another t-shirt with a slogan, a hockey ticket, bag of popcorn, and enjoy the ride as the overhaul membership gets decimated once again.

The only question I have is "WHO" do you blame the next failure on?

Reactions: 4 people

Each group negotiated their own deals in this Bankruptcy. This was same arguments when Maintenance and Fleet were in the same Locals. Maintenance wanted their separate Local's so they could negotiate themselves. Now we're going back to those same complaints. The negotiations is in the hands of the Maintenance Presidents and vote is in the hands of the AMT's themselves but the blame will be placed on Fleet, Dispatch, Sim Techs?

You're running out of people to blame!

Each group negotiated their own deals in this Bankruptcy. This was same arguments when Maintenance and Fleet were in the same Locals. Maintenance wanted their separate Local's so they could negotiate themselves. Now we're going back to those same complaints. The negotiations is in the hands of the Maintenance Presidents and vote is in the hands of the AMT's themselves but the blame will be placed on Fleet, Dispatch, Sim Techs?

Really, who are you kidding? There was no TA brought back to the AMTs that was even close to industry median for pay and benefits for AMTs. BTW, I'm not blaming the other work groups, read the post again, I'm putting full blame on the TWU international!

Reactions: 2 people
The problem that M&R has that the other groups do not is the fact that the other groups are made up of one class and M&R has many within theirs that can be manipulated to get what AA/TWU wants.. AMT,OSM,CL,Facilities Mec. , Maint. Persons and now AMTO...IMO..

The only group that negotiated their "Deal" in this Bankruptcy was the TWU International..!!!

Its not fleet and its definitely not stores that hurt us, if anything we hurt Stores, they held out the longest and now they have more vacation and are among the highest paid among their peers, while we are the lowest. We did it to ourselves, Tulsa and Title II with a little help from Charlie Meyers, the only A&P who voted to fold and give the company everything they want. Only one Title II voted against it.

Tulsa AMTs either pick pro-management A&Ps (Steve Luis) or painters ( Hewitt) to be their representative at negotiations. You guys have elections going on, maybe its time you guys take an interest and make sure that the guy you send isn't a management wannabe or someone who never had any interest in aviation who slid in through a family friend (likely in management) for the benefits. Typically less than half of Tulsa votes, then those that do split their vote between multiple candidates, so a guy who gets 800 votes ends up winning where the electorate is 6000. The 800 gets him control of 6000 which gets him in control of 11500 which in turn affects every aircraft mechanic in the industry by pushing through concessionry deals which negatively affect the market rate.

If the 26%ers rallied behind a single candidate on each spot you could pick who runs Tulsa and if not change the direction at least expose the ATD for what it is. Looks like that will be your only option till at least after the merger, do you want the same guys who pushed to give away system protection and outsource Overhaul to negotiate the "harmonization" with USAIR? Do you want the guy who wanted to allow management to pick and remove Crew Chiefs at will in exchange for $5/hr while everyone else got crumbs to be your voice?

Our headcount in many Line stations continues to increase, they not only decimated AFW with the terms that were brought back with a YES recommendation but still reduced headcount in Tulsa with another 2000 heads gone by 2017 according to their own predictions.
I am not going to disagree with what you said except for that we hurt stores. Every work group lost something in this contract except stores. They gained skill pay along with the raises and kept their vacation, longevity pay and sick pay. My point was that the TWU doesn't seem to have any problem keeping stores and fleet paid well compared to their peers in the industry but they continue to keep us the lowest paid AMTs. There is no way to fix this no matter who we elect as local president. The international will still "negotiate" deals that deny us the pay and benefits of our peers. You stated before that the negotiating committee were just witnesses and nothing more. The international got title II guys to call a roll call vote. But the biggest thing now is that the TWU owes the company again for helping to thwart an AMFA drive. They paid off in spades in 2003 when AA called their marker. AA will call the marker again probably before the 36 month bump in pay. They'll want to "re negotiate" and the TWU will gladly give our money away. It is broken and we can't fix it.

Latest posts