NOMINEE'S FOR LOCAL 514 OFFICERS AND POSITIONS

Each group negotiated their own deals in this Bankruptcy. This was same arguments when Maintenance and Fleet were in the same Locals. Maintenance wanted their separate Local's so they could negotiate themselves. Now we're going back to those same complaints. The negotiations is in the hands of the Maintenance Presidents and vote is in the hands of the AMT's themselves but the blame will be placed on Fleet, Dispatch, Sim Techs?

You're running out of people to blame!

Don't sound like a NYer to me.

Sound more like some guy who was likely voted out of office (not in NY of course, would not get voted in there) but is still trying to suck his way into an international job! Slurp! Slurp!

"Maintenance" was never given their own locals, in a typical divide and conquer move only some in Maintenence were given Locals. For every President on the Negotiating committee that was elected by a membership where a majority were mechanics there was a President that was elected where the majority were not. In negotiations there were 7 locals where mechanics were the majority (514, 561,2,3,4,5 and 567) and nine where they were not (501, 512, 513 SFO, BNA, DTW, RDU,DCA and STL) and every one of those Presidents had the right, except RDU where they voted to have no one there, to vote like any other President. By splitting off just enough mechanics, both Title I and Title II, they made it nearly impossible for those who were willing to fight to overcome Tulsa and the Fleet Locals either through a headcount or representative vote.. If all those mechanics had been in maintenance Locals things may have been different and then mechanics would have less to complain about, but as it is, the complaining is completely justified.

Looks like they set 591 up to keep things the same way. Mechanic majority Locals will still be outnumbered on their own committees.

Reactions: 1 person
One would think you would be spending some quality time with the great grand kids at a local park, or sitting on the patio with a cup of coffee enjoying the sunrise, or taking an evening stroll enjoying the golden years.... :)

Finding you here gives rise to a sustained impairment, but who am I to judge.... ;)

Unfortunately thats something thats reserved for TWU "Employees", not TWU "Members" .

Being a TWU Member means you will suffer "sustained Financial impairment".

Reactions: 3 people
That raise will not even pay for the increased out-of-pocket medical expenses that have already been implemented. You are either too stupid to grasp a budget, blind to the negatives, or just plain ignorant. Until you get an increase in pay that doesnt cost you double in concessions then their is no payraise fool.
The man makes a good point. But the TWU has allowed AA to give with one hand and take even more with the other since giving away our free medical in 89.

Again, I ask, has Bob been muzzled, or is he just working behind the scenes? Just curious...it is an obvious silence!

That raise will not even pay for the increased out-of-pocket medical expenses that have already been implemented. You are either too stupid to grasp a budget, blind to the negatives, or just plain ignorant. Until you get an increase in pay that doesnt cost you double in concessions then their is no payraise fool.

Ok Informer. I understand your feelings about me and that is OK, I can take it. I did stand on the vote yes corner as you stood opposite of me on the vote no corner but as the majority seen it, they voted for the position I took and ratified the agreement. That has been about 8 months ago and now we have the Teamsters breathing down our necks. Neither one of us, even with our differences on best representation, want that to come to pass.

I posted earlier in this thread candidates I support in the next round of officer elections for Local 514 and I will vote as I promoted. I hope with this important election you can put aside your differences with me and the TWU and make reasonable selections and vote in the upcoming elections. With the emergence from bankruptcy and the merging with USAIR we must keep those in tune with what is to come.

Just my spiel, and good luck with what ever moves you....

Sorry but ill write in a choice, if that's not an option ill vote ibt simply because the twu has screwed us enough might as well give some other ass wipes a chance!

Ok Informer. I understand your feelings about me and that is OK, I can take it. I did stand on the vote yes corner as you stood opposite of me on the vote no corner but as the majority seen it, they voted for the position I took and ratified the agreement. That has been about 8 months ago and now we have the Teamsters breathing down our necks. Neither one of us, even with our differences on best representation, want that to come to pass.

I posted earlier in this thread candidates I support in the next round of officer elections for Local 514 and I will vote as I promoted. I hope with this important election you can put aside your differences with me and the TWU and make reasonable selections and vote in the upcoming elections. With the emergence from bankruptcy and the merging with USAIR we must keep those in tune with what is to come.

Just my spiel, and good luck with what ever moves you....
The problem I all have is that the TWU has not represented us. They are more concerned about their own dues machine and don't care how these concessions impact the people who will be left when all the smoke clears and those employees who were never going to have jobs in a couple of years are gone anyway and we are left with the lousy pay and benefits. This same union sees fit to fight for better benefits for the non M&R work groups which shows many of us that they have no respect for us and consider us inferior to guys who throw bags and drive fork lifts. Has Jim Little or any of his minions or even Rick Mullings taken any kind of pay cut in the last ten years? I think we all know the answer is no. Little pays his secretary over $150K per year but doesn't think you or I deserve 100% sick pay. Need I remind you that every other worker at AA gets this benefit? The TWU done us wrong but we are supposed to let bygones be bygones and vote for them so they can use that in their propaganda when they claim that M&R condones what they have done to us the last ten years? I cannot vote for any organization that treats me like a second class citizen and the TWU continues to not only do that but tries to justify it. If they would just realize that an AMT, machinist, welder, electrician, plumber, etc are skilled workers who have at some point invested time and money into their craft and negotiate pay and benefits accordingly then we would not be in the position we are in. But if you consider the deals we are stuck with, one can only determine that the TWU considers the ability to drive a fork lift and the ability to place a bag on the correct flight as more valuable since these jobs have better benefits than we do. I do not blame the other work groups for this at all by the way. (it is frustrating that this is ignored by them and never questioned) But I do blame the TWU international who has decided we are not worthy of these benefits and my local for using fear to ensure this last T/A passed. By the way Tulsa. How is it working out for us since we were told to vote yes on a T/A with no work rules? Are you enjoying having some Nazi in HR deciding how to further punish the work force by pushing more moronic and draconian rules while the local 514 "Leadership" hides and rubber stamps them?

This election is a joke!
I know 3 of the candidates that are retiring and more than a handful are AA pets. Some canidates put in for at least 3 positions just to secure a spot.

Reactions: 2 people
May have been nominated for more than one position but will only be on the ballot for one

That being said convention delegates are the exception
http://twu514.org/blog/2013/06/10/sample-ballots-twu-514-2013-elections/