Non-Rev Benefits

From a DAL Q&A

Looks like the DL pass policy will be policy.
hmm...interesting. Can anyone confirm when *if* the non-wholly owned carriers will be included? The DL pass policy seems to be fair across the board from what I've been reading.

Nope, I'm right there with you....

I honestly can't remember the last time I flew on a "regular pass." I've used my SkyTeam positive space tickets, and a couple of 3A's, but that's it in the last 5 years or so.

Is it also just me or does anyone else feel this is a little presumptuous of Delta and NW?

They don’t have approval yet and here they are acting as though they do! :blink:

Pass travel is the opiate of the masses.

DALMD88--

Not sure where you were looking, but on our employee site, listing/checking availability/etc. is really easy. I know if we try and look at DL flights, there's no "clear" way to tell how full it is, etc. You can, but it just takes a long time... I imagine that would all change once everyone is using the same system.
We were checking through the link we had at work. The page asked for a flight number, origination city and our employee info. We thought it clumsy because we had to look up the flight number on the timetable for each flight and some it just said sorry I don't find that one. Our Travel Net page asks for city pairs and a date. It then lists the entire day's flights with the loads. To list I just click on the flight. I can list just before the flight.

For some of us pass travel is a pretty importiant perk. When I lived in ATL it allowed my wife and I to still particpate in family gatherings that were 1000 miles away. Without the pass travel we would have rarely come home for just a weekend. Now I use pass travel to go the other way to visit friends.

We were checking through the link we had at work. The page asked for a flight number, origination city and our employee info. We thought it clumsy because we had to look up the flight number on the timetable for each flight and some it just said sorry I don't find that one. Our Travel Net page asks for city pairs and a date. It then lists the entire day's flights with the loads. To list I just click on the flight. I can list just before the flight.

Interesting...I wonder what link you guys were using?

From your description, it sounds like our internal site (RADAR) does the same thing as Travel Net; you just put in the city pairs & date, and it will pull them up. I would think that Travel Net is better in that you can just click on what flight you'd like to list for, whereas we have to type them in.

For some of us pass travel is a pretty importiant perk. When I lived in ATL it allowed my wife and I to still particpate in family gatherings that were 1000 miles away. Without the pass travel we would have rarely come home for just a weekend. Now I use pass travel to go the other way to visit friends.

I understand & respect that, as I'm in a similar boat (family 2 times zones away), it's just that it's never been that big of deal to me at NW....certainly not something I view with the same importance as other benefits like insurance...

Part of it stems from being hired in a city that at the time only had 4 flights a day, and all were packed. Having a son to tote around now while on standby doesn't make it any more appealing, either.

Having said all that, I still think that this announcement is doing it's job of distracting people from the more serious issues this proposed merger creates.

To me non rev "benefits" are a waste of time,Ican't get anywhere I want to go (within 3 days).
I think free coffe everyday would be a better "benefit", And $50 cheaper.

To me non rev "benefits" are a waste of time,Ican't get anywhere I want to go (within 3 days).

We use the passes to travel the world and introduce the kids to other cultures. It opens the world to them and we get to have great stories and memories! Only wish that NWA would offer BC as DAL offers BC. Sometimes that is the only way you get on, even BC is getting full!

Happy travels.

I wouldn't worry about denied boarding..if there's a seat available in B/C and Y/C is full, I'm sure that a NW agent will put DL people up there. It does suck that they have started the policy this way but hopefully the fully intregrated seniority based system on the whole airline using DL's pass policy will be implemented very soon. Phase 2 as they call it. I look forward to seeing my new DL collegues on our NW flights. Welcome aboard.

I for one don't like the fly together program from a DL employees perspective for the following reasons.

1. I must list 8hrs before the flight and NW can list 30mintues domestic and intl 60minutes

It was easier to list for an NWA ID 90 for a back up , I didn't have go through all of this. I always ended up on DL, and got ID 90 refunded.

2. Can't list Biz , but they can on DL.

3. Just my opinion the their non rev website isn't user friendly .

4. They can access the DL travel line for availabilty but we have to back to their site. If any one knows the backdoor to just hear the seat availabilty on the NWA Non REV Travel Line 18006926738 let me know.

5. If DAL has 3 people with the same DOH it , who gets on first is based on the time stamp who called to list first.

Depending on were you are located NWA travel benefits are just mere backups , unless you are flying inter Asia. NW employees are reaping the benefits IMHO. I see this as a smoke screen .

*** Not upset with NWA employees , because you didn't have a hand in it***

Well according to the Fly Together weblink this is just a temporary patch and we will all be going to the DL system in a couple of months. For example my parents flew to LGW on the 6th (the 1st day of new program) and they didn't have to pay the usual $75 per int'l leg that DL parents would normally have to. Their round trip FLL-ATL-LGW, CDG-ATL-FLL was $150 for both tickets. And that is just the departure taxes charged from the French Government to leave CDG. And they went over in Business Class. If they had flown NW it would have cost them over $300 each! (Business Class) DL's policy is to upgrade everyone according to seniority and availability, NW's has never been that way. I think its going to change to DL's policy in a few months. Hopefully!

Latest posts

Back