Nonsense

ual06

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
The talk is UAL BK. Nonsense. With the labor management relations at UAL today, there is no way the airline can recover under the management labor relations that will be imposed by a BK Court. The animosities would be overwhelming. Therefore, instead of BK it is liquidation. So be it. But how can the AFA survive while losing about 50% of its dues revenue? Likewise for the IAM and ALPA. Standby, that line of dominoes is about to be touched and start falling. You have all seen the effect in one way or another.
UAL06[:((]

UAL has arguably the best route franchise in the industry.

The Golden Goose needs CPR, not an oven.

As in the book "Perfect Storm" a confluence of several malfactors created a storm greater than the sum of its parts. No one is to blame and everyone is to blame.

Every employee must make their union leadership know that UAL's future is the #1 goal and everything else is secondary.

What'd that German admiral say? "A British sailor isn't worth a #$%@ until his ship is sinking"?

Hey, did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

----------------
On 8/30/2002 8:51:03 PM

UAL has arguably the best route franchise in the industry.

I have heard this a thousand times and seen no criteria for the comment. Best route for what, business traveler, leisure traveler, only way to get there? If its the business traveler, we are probably doomed. The best route for them now is Options and ExecJet.

Just wondering how the best route is determined?

I've always assumed it was the value the route structure provided to a UAL FF, both the UAL routes and through the alliance partners.

----------------
quote by Rhino--

----------------

Nope! And we didn't give up when the Japanese put up stiff resistance during the Normandy invasion, either.[:bigsmile:]

Marky

PS--I was in a restaurant recently that had the walls adorned with historical artifacts. I went up to the bar, and right next to me on the wall was a big framed newspaper from April, 1945, with a huge headline proclaiming, "Roosevelt Dies". So I looked at the bartender and said, "you mean Truman is President?"[:bigsmile:]

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:37:53 PM

----------------
quote by Rhino--

----------------

Nope! And we didn't give up when the Japanese put up stiff resistance during the Normandy invasion, either.[:bigsmile:]

Marky

----------------

Once again, you're making me feel old, Marky--too young to get that reference, eh?
Just go out there and get noticed at the annual Founders' Day parade...
(and remember, "It ain't over, 'till we say it's over!")
[:bigsmile:] [:bigsmile:]

Senator Blutarsky is now Chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee. Write and let him know how you feel.