Norfolk Hotels

CaptBud330

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Heading to Norfolk and checked hotel rates....wow. Does anyone know any hotels near ORF airport that give us an airline rate?
Thanks, CaptBud

CaptBud330 said:
Heading to Norfolk and checked hotel rates....wow. Does anyone know any hotels near ORF airport that give us an airline rate?
Thanks, CaptBud
No but after Usairways slips into oblivion know where I can get some good bud? :eek:

The Quality Inn is nasty and none of my coworkers liked the Norfolk Airport Hilton - constant issues such as hot water, etc. I would probably suggest the Holiday Inn Select if you can stay there. There's also a couple of Marriotts in downtown Norfolk (a courtyard and a convention center) that are nice but it's about 30 minutes from the airport.

i can tell you to try some of the hotels in virginia beach bu ti dont know what kind of discounts they may or may not give. i grew up in virginia beach know the area despite living in the allentown pa area

robbedagain said:
I grew up in virginia beach know the area despite living in the allentown pa area
LIVIN THERE IT ALLENTOWN, CLOSIN ALL THE FACTORIES DOWN,

Ramp Rat said:
LIVIN THERE IT ALLENTOWN, CLOSIN ALL THE FACTORIES DOWN,

wound up here a few years ago when my dad was station manger for delta then retired dec of 2001 when delta pulled mainline out and put comair in. he had 32 yrs and he got me the usair job in abe back in 1998 and i have done all but one yr in abe and i wouldnt mind going back to orf but i cant right now. oh yes the bethlehem steel went down then out of business and the ageres system is out just last year. so yeah in the downed and out factory of allentow!

Alot of airline crews stay at the Sheraton Waterfront. A really nice hotel about 20 mins away, right downtown with alot to do. Should be able to get a crew rate.
Have fun.

Try the Doubletree Military Circle.... it is adj to a mall.... courtesy trans from the airport and it was pretty decent and the personnell were more than helpful

Sheraton Waterfront is an excellent suggestion.

Stay away from Military Circle, there are shootings there at least once a year. In fact, there was a drug bust and shootout there not two weeks ago.

Recent Shootout

It should probably also be explained that Millitary circle is an entire street. I personally did not encounter any problems there and also... The two days I was there... was part of spring Break and there were Many, many school groups and church grups there... so I am unaware of any such problems in that immediate area.

Trin03 said:
It should probably also be explained that Millitary circle is an entire street. I personally did not encounter any problems there and also... The two days I was there... was part of spring Break and there were Many, many school groups and church grups there... so I am unaware of any such problems in that immediate area.
i think you guys have Military Circle Mall confused with Military Highway.

Yes Military Circle is a mall that locals don't go to much. They've tried to rennovate the mall and do various things to improve it's image but there is still violence there about once a year and it's got a bad reputation. I do go there occasionally I just don't know how well I'd SLEEP there after all the stories in the past 5 years.

Military Highway is a long highway from past the airport in Norfolk into Suffolk/Chesapeake and is mostly a safe area. Military Circle is off Military Highway in Norfolk.

Back