Northerners are more racist than Southerners

Ms Tree said:
Seems obvious that tbey like to reenact battles they lost. My question is why do they like it. Seems to me that they are clinging to the past and dont want to let go.

Why do you keep posting on a corum like a know it all conservative?
Err, maybe because they like their heritage! I know, lets have "Confederate Heritage Month".........Wait.........that would be racist, wouldn't it?

There's a difference between overt racism and institutional racism. That said, having lived in both the north and the south, the south is by far more racist than the north; it isn't even a question.

southwind said:
Err, maybe because they like their heritage! I know, lets have "Confederate Heritage Month".........Wait.........that would be racist, wouldn't it?
If they like their heritage why only celebrate the war they lost? I would think there is more to their heritage than just the civil war that was fought to preserve the status quo.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
There's a difference between overt racism and institutional racism. That said, having lived in both the north and the south, the south is by far more racist than the north; it isn't even a question.
It is for the folks who as Dog alluded to, which to return to the 'good ole' days' and essentially deny that racism exists or was 'all that bad' as Phil Roberts alluded to with his comment.

Reactions: 1 person
AdAstraPerAspera said:
I would like to hear your definition. 

From my Army days in the 80's, the guys from Boston were easily the most racist, the guys from NYC the second worst, no one else was even close. The people from the Midwest were the least racist, but they all new few if any black people.

Ms Tree said:
If they like their heritage why only celebrate the war they lost? I would think there is more to their heritage than just the civil war that was fought to preserve the status quo.
you just don't get it, for whatever reason those people just like the activity.
I have  neighbor that messes with it and he's been both south and north soldiers. 

UPNAWAY said:
From my Army days in the 80's, the guys from Boston were easily the most racist, the guys from NYC the second worst, no one else was even close. The people from the Midwest were the least racist, but they all new few if any black people.
yep a guy I used to work with from Long Island introduced me to a term from blacks that even growing up in the south I had never heard.

cltrat said:
you just don't get it, for whatever reason those people just like the activity.
I have  neighbor that messes with it and he's been both south and north soldiers.
Nope. Dont get it at all. Celebrating a government and a war that supported slavery. Like reenacting Nazi campaigns. I bet the US vets who are still alive would be thrilled with that. Seing the Nazi flag flying high and celebrating Nazi wins over alied forces. Hey, they just like it right?

cltrat said:
yep a guy I used to work with from Long Island introduced me to a term from blacks that even growing up in the south I had never heard.
Yet the South had institutionalized slavery and fought a war to protect it. SC still flys the confederate flag, majority of all hate groups are in the South .....

Ms Tree said:
Nope. Dont get it at all. Celebrating a government and a war that supported slavery. Like reenacting Nazi campaigns. I bet the US vets who are still alive would be thrilled with that. Seing the Nazi flag flying high and celebrating Nazi wins over alied forces. Hey, they just like it right?

The 9th Reenactment Society is a group of non-political enthusiasts of history. We portray combat soldiers of the 9th Waffen-SS Panzer Division "Hohenstaufen" at public displays and at private reenactments. We are not a neo-nazi organization, nor do we subscribe to the ideas, ideals, goals, or aspirations of any extremist or far right-wing groups, nor are we affiliated with any such organizations. For the hobby of reenacting to function, both sides of the conflict must be represented. As such, we have taken on the role of an elite German formation of World War II.
http://www.9thsspanzer.com/

Als Erste Rein, Als Letzte Raus!
Who is 5.SS Panzerdivision Wiking? We are a group of World War Two Reenactors (also called 'Living Historians' by some). This group represents a combat group of German Waffen(Combat)-SS soldiers during the second world war. All members of this nonprofit group have had a common interest in the German side of the war and want to tell the story of the average combat soldier of the German military. Our reenactment unit is based in the mid-west area of the United States and is a chartered group of the World War Two Historical Reenactment Society, Inc. (WWIIHRS,Inc.) which hosts over 1000 reenactors all over the mid-west from all sides of the war.
A living history & World War Two reenactment unit of the World War II Historical Re-Enactment Society (WWIIHRS). Thi

Mo

I had some friends who are involved in reenactments. They are history buffs, and not the least bit racist. Most are apolitical.

Great movies are made about all the wars. Reenacting history is a way of not forgetting it and learning from it.

Reactions: 6 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
I had some friends who are involved in reenactments. They are history buffs, and not the least bit racist. Most are apolitical.

Great movies are made about all the wars. Reenacting history is a way of not forgetting it and learning from it.
exactly Glenn

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts