Northwest Airlines Pilots to Vote on Strike

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
Capt. Mark McClain, chairman of the NWA chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), announced today that Northwest pilots will begin voting on Feb. 13 to authorize a strike. Following a 15-day voting period, strike ballots will be counted on Feb. 28. If the majority of NWA pilots authorize a strike, the union leadership will have the authority to call a strike if Northwest management imposes terms and conditions of employment on the pilot group.

"Northwest pilots want to reach a consensual agreement with management and ALPA is continuing to work towards that goal, but management's arrogant and excessive demands are unacceptable and are putting Northwest's future in serious jeopardy," Capt. McClain said. "Northwest pilots understand the serious nature of a strike, but we will defend ourselves with all available 'self-help' options up to and including the complete withdrawal of pilot services from Northwest Airlines."
Northwest Airlines has petitioned the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to reject the ALPA collective bargaining agreement under chapter 1113© of the bankruptcy code. The 1113© hearing concluded Friday, Feb. 3 in the New York City courtroom of U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Allan Gropper. Judge Gropper's ruling on whether or not to reject the pilot contract is currently expected no later than Feb. 17 unless an extension is agreed to by ALPA and Northwest.

If the U.S. Bankruptcy Court rejects ALPA's collective bargaining agreement with Northwest and the company unilaterally implements terms and conditions on pilots, NWA pilots have the legal right to strike. "We must make contingency preparations in order to protect the quality of our careers here at Northwest Airlines. The strike vote will give our pilots an opportunity to demonstrate their opposition to management's overreaching demands," McClain said.

PR Newswire

IF ALPA HAD ANY BALLS, YES YOU "WOERTHLESS" THEY WOULD SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF ALPA HAD ANY BALLS, YES YOU "WOERTHLESS" THEY WOULD SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great mentality. What would that accomplish? Then there would be thousands more just sitting online complaining about the very people who gave them a paycheck. Unreal.....

"Again, I strongly encourage all NWA pilots to vote “In Favorâ€￾ of the strike authorization to support the defense of NWA pilot job protections, wages, working conditions, and benefits. Your “In Favorâ€￾ vote on this ballot will provide the maximum possible support to the Negotiating Committee as we enter the final stages of this negotiation.

Although our goal is to reach a consensual agreement with NWA management, we must be prepared to defend our jobs and our profession, if necessary."

Fraternally,
Mark McClain
NWA MEC Chairman

Tell me how if the Pilots go on strike, the airline goes out of business, everyone is out of a job that will Defend our Jobs and our profession?

Sometimes its better to die on your feet than live on your knees....something a cowardly bootlicking scab like yourself will never understand. :unsure:

The other day I spoke with a Ticket Agent here in SAN who worked for NWA. She told me that she voted yes for concessions and no for a strike. She admitted that SAN is on the hit list for NWA employees and she felt that her vote did not really matter. She also told me she was mad at her union.

UNF&*%(ING BELIEVEABLE! What were the words of the NWA AMFA AMTs a short while ago? Oh yes, I remember... YOU ARE NEXT!

The pilots, f/as, ticket agents and rampers ALL had the chance to walk alongside the pilots but refused to.

The pilots cried, "Now is not the time".

The f/as were to scared. (How's that foreign nationals flying NWA flights working out?)

The Ticket Agents were like deers looking at a cars head lights.

The rampers were simply to arrogant and stupid.

They each deserve what they will be getting... compliments of their own cowardice. Harsh words? maybe. The truth? Definitely!

To all the NWA employees that supported the AMTs I salute you and wish you the best. I hope that other airlines will look and learn the lessons taught at NWA. You either fight together from a position of strength or you will certainly be picked off one by one.

The other day I spoke with a Ticket Agent here in SAN who worked for NWA. She told me that she voted yes for concessions and no for a strike. She admitted that SAN is on the hit list for NWA employees and she felt that her vote did not really matter. She also told me she was mad at her union.

So she basically voted herself right out of a job.....Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Latest posts