Northwest Pilots Authorize Strike

I believed that the pilots would not strike. Time will tell if they do and if so, how many will SCAB.

NWA management doesn't care if the pilots do strike. They will get enough SCABS to fly till they merge with Delta.

NWA cares NOTHING about their employees except the few at the very top.

Actually, all the remaining unions talking about striking missed the opportunity for a strike to have any effect when the mechanics walked.

I have a question too. If the pilots do strike how will they then feel about the SCAB mechanics at NWA? Not one pilot better say a bad word about them. If they were willing to fly SCAB maintained aircraft why should they care if they cross their strike line?
I feel this way. Northwest Airlines, the great "Union Buster", is now shaking in its' bankrupt boots. NWA will melt like a pound of butter in 98 degree weather when it comes to the thought of the pilots and F/As walking. No doubt. They are just not ready for a strike. The pilots aren't saying much because they kind of painted themselves into a corner. A brush-off attitude about the AMFA mechs, and now THEY are the target of company beatings. Tina eventually did better without Ike, and the others should take that mentality. Money is not everything, it's only one part of the picture. These pilots have authorized a strike with 92 % of their union members onboard. Mesaba pilots are ready to strike, and they all belong to the same union. Hell's a waiting! I really don't have much to say about people that are willing to take so much abuse.

I believed that the pilots would not strike. Time will tell if they do and if so, how many will SCAB.

NWA management doesn't care if the pilots do strike. They will get enough SCABS to fly till they merge with Delta.
:unsure:

Hmmm.... merge with Delta - question here is will the mechanic @ Delta accept the SCABS of NWA or will they have no say?

Ken Mactiernan said:
NWA cares NOTHING about their employees except the few at the very top.

Actually, all the remaining unions talking about striking missed the opportunity for a strike to have any effect when the mechanics walked.

I have a question too. If the pilots do strike how will they then feel about the SCAB mechanics at NWA? Not one pilot better say a bad word about them. If they were willing to fly SCAB maintained aircraft why should they care if they cross their strike line?

Some reason I don't think the pilots care about the scab mechanics or any other work group on the property. After all the place will simply shut down if they walk right? Actually, my feelings are THEY WILL NEVER STRIKE.... :angry:

I just hope the pilots will stand up to them. It's time for this to end!
coachrowsey, I also would like to see the pilot's grow a backbone, But I sincerely doubt it..

ALPA had a golden opportunity to do something about this mess when the mechanic's were forced out.

They chose not to support the mechanics.

I believe all you will see is a lot of huffing and puffing from ALPA, Then the big ROLLOVER...

I believe all you will see is a lot of huffing and puffing from ALPA, Then the big ROLLOVER...
I was on the flight deck today running some test for an auto brake issue. The pilots were there talking amongst themselves. They never said a word about a strike. They were buzzing about going and getting certified for the 330 next month. Then a F/A stepped in and said that they had reached a tentative agreement. The Pilots response was "I‘m glad all that is over with." Like this whole ordeal has just been a nuisance to him and that none of this could have ever affected him.

I was on the flight deck today running some test for an auto brake issue. The pilots were there talking amongst themselves. They never said a word about a strike. They were buzzing about going and getting certified for the 330 next month. Then a F/A stepped in and said that they had reached a tentative agreement. The Pilots response was "I‘m glad all that is over with." Like this whole ordeal has just been a nuisance to him and that none of this could have ever affected him.
well of course the pilots are not going to talk about a strike infront of a scab doing some unorthodox tests because they are not about to let NWA have scabs fly the plane

PRICELESS! A SCAB talks what it is like to be in the cockpit of a NWA aircraft. I can just see how the scenario really played out:

SCAB: "Uhm, Captain, Sir? Do you really need the speed brake thing?"

Captain: "Yes, we do. Here, let me show you how it works."

SCAB: "Gee, thanks for helping me."

Captain: "Don't thank me. I know you don't know how to fix an aircraft so I am simply helping myself."

SCAB: "Hey, now. No need to talk straight to me. By the way, if you guys strike do you think I can fly the airplanes? Since I'm a SCAB mechanic I might as well try and be a SCAB pilot."

PRICELESS! A SCAB talks what it is like to be in the cockpit of a NWA aircraft.
:lol: :lol: Well, Well Ken Mactiernan steps out from behind the curtain with guns blazing. My hats off to you Ken. It is good to see that some people are capable of facing their fear, how is your endurance though? I look forward to some really good debates. I do hope you are capable of debating issues with out turning everything into a Scab Bashing contest.

:lol: :lol: Well, Well Ken Mactiernan steps out from behind the curtain with guns blazing. My hats off to you Ken. It is good to see that some people are capable of facing their fear, how is your endurance though? I look forward to some really good debates. I do hope you are capable of debating issues with out turning everything into a Scab Bashing contest.

I'm interested to see if YOU can debate the issues without resorting to tired union cliche's

Debate what? reality as YOU see it? Or reality as it really is?

Facing fear? Who hides behind an alias?

You wish to debate an issue? That would be difficult to do with someone such as yourself... A SCAB. A person without integrity will lie and twist facts to his/her wishes.

I'm sure people on this web site can use the laughter. Go ahead and pick a topic. I won't need any blazing guns. The truth should suffice.

(Applause) You know what I am talking about when I say "facing fear" so lets leave it at that. As far as the alias thing goes...that has already been discussed to no avail. I do not know of any facts that I have twisted so do tell what facts I have twisted so that I may have the opportunity to clarify my stance.

Debate what? reality as YOU see it? Or reality as it really is?

Facing fear? Who hides behind an alias?

You wish to debate an issue? That would be difficult to do with someone such as yourself... A SCAB. A person without integrity will lie and twist facts to his/her wishes.

I'm sure people on this web site can use the laughter. Go ahead and pick a topic. I won't need any blazing guns. The truth should suffice.
SCABS.....DESTINED FOR MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT!