Northwest Dc-9

Oct 9, 2003
Looks like that scab maintenance ain't so good. This time they had an engine failure and a landing gear problem all at the same time. What are the chances?Northwest's evil management will probably say this was a normal operating condition? Will the FAA step up to plate and ground Northwest Airlines before people die? :unsure:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=106879

Princess,

Something we can agree on finally. That's why I haven't flown them since the strike. I've been flying AA. With all the double triple bonus miles I'll easily make gold and perhaps platinum by the end of the year.

No matter what one's thoughts on unions or strikes are. NW is definately unsafe. Wonder what Mark Dayton is thinking now?

Princess, how rude of you to stop by and not say hello. How are you doing this fine day? Have you been enjoying the latest events? How is it to come that you hear about all of these near catastrophes before anyone else? Why is it that there is no media coverage of it? Why is it that they don't show up on any FAA reports? Why is it that you never hear anything about it except when you post it? Do you honestly believe the things that you post? They do have drugs for mental illnesses you know.

Princess I do apologize for the above, with the exception of the first sentence. How often do you call wolf before you get it right though? Or was the government and NWA secret agents to slow in quelling the story on this one?

PTO...what hole do you live in? there is media coverage, of course it wont be on the cartoon network that im sure your watching in your lonely hotel room while your tossing.

PlayTheOdds said:
Why is it that there is no media coverage of it?

[post="298794"][/post]​

Um...there's media coverage of it. Even the George Bush backed media has covered it.

Can anyone confirm that this was the engine the replacements dropped on the ground?

Skydrol is for servicing the hydraulics system and oil is for servicing the engine. This is important! Do not service the engine with Skydrol and do not service the hydraulics systems with oil.

PlayTheOdds said:
Why is it that there is no media coverage of it?
[post="298794"][/post]​

You're kidding, right? Heck, this even made the top "national" story on my local news. 9870 sure looked neat-o with all the fire trucks around it..... :angry: :down:

ok PTO/KTO oh wise one, tell us about how the AMFA mechanics sneaked in and sabotaged the place again. Your credibility is as sound as NWA/IAM. Enjoy BK SCAB, and if you happen to see opus at the bar tell him Mrs. opus is on the picket line enjoying the company of real men :mf_boff:

Sorry I don't have any information on this one. I'm going to have to wait till I get back to work to find out. I'm sure you guys will be innocent on this one though. I'm really curious what the preliminary is going to say.

PlayTheOdds said:
I'm really curious what the preliminary is going to say.
[post="298909"][/post]​

How about that NWA's current 'replacement' 'workers' (AKA SCABS) don't know their a-hole from their elbow. Or the difference between oil and skydrol.
It wasn't merely engine out; there was also a manual gear extension involved. Here's a more complete news article:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/.../091006102.html

Back