Now DL Joins AA, CO in Matching US

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 2:02:26 PM KCFlyer wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 12:14:09 PM RealityCheck wrote:
As much as people try and paint them out to be GOD, things are not all wine and roses at LUV. Case in point..new union mobiliation for cust svc. Who is going to pay for all the extra wages and bennys they seek? Could it be......the passengers? Everyone ends up in the same boat sooner or later. This is America by golly.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I thought the Customer Service reps were already represented by the IAM (which in itself is a bit frightening, given their record at most every other airline).
----------------
[/blockquote]

KC,
You thought right. IAM is the union for both CSA and RES. We started our new contract neg. in Aug.

Reality,
We've ALWAYS known who pays our wages and bennys. And least we forget it's printed on our pay-checks: Deposits made possible by your Southwest Customers.
Notice it says,your Southwest Customers not just your Gold,Platinum,Silver yad yad customers. So,as far as Southwest going along with the rest of the herd sticking it to the pax I think we'll stay with our policy of treating all customers like First-Class.
9.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 4:40:24 AM RealityCheck wrote:

But I dont understand why SOUTHWEST CSA needs a union? If all is peachy(schnopps), why unionize? That question of mine remains unanswered..if the BOSS is so fair to his employees, why would these same employees want some sort of protection..or need it??[/P]

It goes back to kindergarden econ 101..eventually people want more of the pie(we all do), they need representation to get more..and the moneys to get more gotta come from somewhere. The incoming revenue..which=The air fares...wow![/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

As I understand it, SWA has been a union shop for a loooong time. I suppose it just goes to show that it's possible to unionized, have flexibility in work rules, and not hate management.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 4:40:24 AM RealityCheck wrote:

But I dont understand why SOUTHWEST CSA needs a union? If all is peachy(schnopps), why unionize? That question of mine remains unanswered..if the BOSS is so fair to his employees, why would these same employees want some sort of protection..or need it??[/P]

It goes back to kindergarden econ 101..eventually people want more of the pie(we all do), they need representation to get more..and the moneys to get more gotta come from somewhere. The incoming revenue..which=The air fares...wow![/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

You know what Reality I don't understand why we have a union either. We've been a union shop for many years and I for one would like to see it GO. From my perspective all I've seen is our shop stewards never taking a call because they are too busy looking for loop-holes in our contract so agents who need to be FIRED keep their jobs. Granted we need someone to rep. us but I'd prefer an in house union like our pilots (swpa)
Sure we all want more of the pie but we try not to eat the WHOLE THING.