Nw Airlink Crash

My prayers are with the families of those who died in the crash. That being said, and at the risk of invoking the wrath of some people, I do have a question I suspect the NTSB is looking at, too.

Per Bombardier's website, the maximum operating altitude for the CRJ-200 is 41,000 feet. What were they doing at that altitude, especially in a jet that had spent the day grounded due to (I believe) engine problems?

JetClipper said:
My prayers are with the families of those who died in the crash. That being said, and at the risk of invoking the wrath of some people, I do have a question I suspect the NTSB is looking at, too.

Per Bombardier's website, the maximum operating altitude for the CRJ-200 is 41,000 feet. What were they doing at that altitude, especially in a jet that had spent the day grounded due to (I believe) engine problems?
[post="194605"][/post]​
The aircraft did not have engine problems. It had a problem with a 14th stage fire sensing loop. 14th stage bleed air provides wing/cowl anti-ice protection as well as thrust reverser actuation.

Just because an aircraft has a max operating altitude, doesn't mean it's smart to be up at that altitude!!!

I'm not implying that altitude had anything to do with the accident, but you must take many factors into consideration before you attempt to bring an aircraft up to it's max operating altitude.....ie, what's your weight, what's the weather, what's your high and low speed buffet margins, etc.

The B727 has a max operating altitude of FL420....Boeing says it will do it, but any experienced 3 holer driver will tell you going up to FL420 isn't the smartest idea in the world with that aircraft!!!

Latest posts