Nw Meger With Job Security

So I guess you all can see that your scope language is only good as long as you hold on to it. Once you waive it, game over. Dont expect another union you are not dues paying members of to negotiate on your behalf as well.

"Once you waive it, game over. " Now that is pretty simple and does not at all reflect what really happened.

L1011Ret said:
"Once you waive it, game over. " Now that is pretty simple and does not at all reflect what really happened.
[post="288261"][/post]​
It is that simple and the courts have agreed.

Northwest purchased Republic in the 80's as well .... Republic FAs had scope language in their contract back then and all were merged into NWO's seniority list. The merging of the seniority list went to arbitration and the arbitrator ruled date of hire with super seniority for a short period of time (if I remember right, it was 2 years) for the most senior NWO FAs flying international trips.

Another NWO FA could also comment on this as well .... I believe at the time of the merger the NWO FA contract negotiated by the Teamsters did not have any scope language (Republic FAs were represented by AFA).

aafsc said:
It is that simple and the courts have agreed.
[post="288266"][/post]​
Sorry, wrong again. The courts did not agree at all in the sense you imply. The courts only said that the charges brought by the TWA F/As were pre-empted by the Railway Labor Act (RLA) meaning that the TWA F/As could not file suite for damages in Federal court because such charges must be addressed by the RLA. The charges were never addressed. Judge Gershon in her opinion did not find giving up scope to be a problem at all despite some wrongheaded posters here.

Back