TWU Mechanic and Related T/A - Important Questions

Sure their selling Eagle, but the scope clause covers "commuter" airlines, not just Eagle. Here is what the new pilots president says about large RJ's.

http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/2010/07/more-from-the-apa-media-meet-and-greet-on-thursday.html#more

So the question will be what is stopping them from having AA pilots fly the planes, AA flight attendants working them, and putting it under a "eagle 2" name, and operate them competitively that the APA speaks of? Of course with someone else doing the maintenance if this contract passes. I know this is a loophole, but it is one that our negotiators should have closed prior to bringing this contract to a vote.

That's great info, but that's coming from the APA not AA. The salary's will be paid by AA not the APA. AA Pilot's and F/A's earn a lot more money per hour then a Eagle pilot and F/A. Of course the APA president says he has no problem flying those a/c. I'm sure we would have no problem fixing those a/c. Will AA have AA pilot's and f/a's crew those planes, that's the question. That's like asking a kid if he will eat a piece of cake if you give him one.

Whatever happened to the discussion being about the TWU M&R Article 1 Recognition and Scope Language and the potential sale of Aircraft Maintenance Assets?

Why hasn't Bob Owens answered wheter he or any other negotiation committee members signed confidentiality agreements during negotiations?

Whatever happened to the discussion being about the TWU M&R Article 1 Recognition and Scope Language and the potential sale of Aircraft Maintenance Assets?

Why hasn't Bob Owens answered wheter he or any other negotiation committee members signed confidentiality agreements during negotiations?

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

On the other side of the coin, American's management types are totally unqualified to do anything other than time and attendance recording and nobody in their right mind would want to give the present supervision more power as they aren't qualified to deal with what little they have now.
My manager can't even do time and attendance.

Good Grief! Read the language. It does matter, a YES vote places that labor protection provision language of employement and seniority protection into a/new current agreement. If it were to take place under the Voted NO agreement those protections are not there. How can you say that doesnt matter?

So in your opinion, because the 2003 agreement did not have a "(I) Other Labor Protective Provisions in Substantial Asset Sale" provision, we in Tulsa could have all been let go and rehired under a Spirit type scenario? Bob seems to think that "Voting NO leaves us just as protected as we are now."

... because they did ...

That's the nature of the beast - how else would the Totally Worthless Union and company keep the rabble under control?

I've read article 1(l) over and over and over. I'm no lawyer but it seems the only way this applies is if, occurring within the same 12 months, the net difference of the sale, lease, or other transaction of existing facilities and the purchased or added facility exceeds 20% of the total value of all it's facilities then (I)1.& 2. apply. A sale and a purchase must occur. Does anyone else think this is accurate?

So how many of you truly think that American Airlines (AMR) sells off base maintenance ??
Meaning selling AFW, selling Tulsa, selling DWH and getting out of the heavy overhaul maintenance business all together ???

So how many of you truly think that American Airlines (AMR) sells off base maintenance ??
Meaning selling AFW, selling Tulsa, selling DWH and getting out of the heavy overhaul maintenance business all together ???
Most of us think it would be a rather stupid thing to do but the new "Prezident" (Horton) has, in the past, stated his desire to do so.

Your turn.

Okay well then based off of what this guys (Horton) track record is then its a very good possible chance that this might come to pass and we will all be looking for a new line of work !!!
Any one else like to elaborate and tell me what you may think ???? Anyone ???

I firmly believe that AA will keep maintenance in house. They don't mind others propagating the notion they think otherwise. We are no worse than the industry standard and in many cases better by mAnAgements own admission. We're in negotiations and instilled fear is power in favor of the company.

This is true what u are saying (fear) but if the company wants you to vote yes on this contract and then they go and put in a language that there could be a possible spin off of heavy maintenance !!
Why wont the company interfere and say we are not spinning off maintenance why not have a Q n A session held by the company in all the bases so employees can ask some questions directly to AA ??
Every twu member that i know is going to vote NO just because of this language in itself of selling !!
AA sure has a funny way of doing things if they want you to vote yes !!! Whats with that ???
( Oh yea :rolleyes: (AA) Lets put in a part in the contract that states we can sell heavy maintenance and then expect our employees to vote Yes , C'mon you gotta be kidding me !!!

My 2 cents is eventually overhaul in its present form is gone. Horton is on record with regards to in house overhaul, he does not like it. New language with regards to sale or spin off of overhaul. TWU/AA driving a huge divide between line and overhaul. Heck they are even dividing members at the same station with the 50 and younger, then the "new" classification of"SMA". AMR Coombs? AMR services? Now, are these all fear tacitics by the union/company? Absolutely. Will I still vote NO? You had better believe it and so are everyone else I have talked to.

Yeah, but my bet is a majority votes no and the T/A passes and those printing/counting ballots sign a confidentiality agreement to not disclose the process. Sound familiiar?

Hey 'TWU informer' u r probably right !!! the airline ultimately gets what they want anyways !!! Thanks to our fearless Union that we have !!

Latest posts