NWA loses grow since Chapter 11 filing (bizjournals.com)

......But everything is running "normal" :lol: PTO and the rest of the scabs will soon have NWA back to profitability :blink:

Just because a company shows a loss it doesn't mean the company had a loss. For example if a company projects that it will make one million dollars on a C-Check but only makes seven hundred thousand it will claim a three hundred thousand dollar loss. In fact they made seven hundred thousand, it's a numbers game.

The bow of the NWA ship is now under water, stern is rising up almost verticle. This is okay according to SCAB captain PTO. "It's just a numbers game".

This PTO guy reminds me of "BAGHDAD BOB".

Just because a company shows a loss it doesn't mean the company had a loss. For example if a company projects that it will make one million dollars on a C-Check but only makes seven hundred thousand it will claim a three hundred thousand dollar loss. In fact they made seven hundred thousand, it's a numbers game.
You obviously have no knowledge of financial accounting.

You obviously have no knowledge of financial accounting.

Neither do you, what PTO says is quite possible. It depends on how the company is structured... if Corporate Inc requires an income of $100m from Engineering Subsidiary, but it only makes $80m then it's seen as a $20m loss in Engineering Subsidiary. Because Engineering Subsidiary is part of NWA overall that $20m 'loss' affects the bottom line. However, if costs in engineering are $70m then in reality engineering still made a profit of $10m. I don't know how accounts at NWA are run, but what PTO said happens every day in other businesses.

Thank you whodoyouthinkyouare, I really do appreciate the support. These guys in here know nothing but the mindless and useless inner workings of unions. I would be willing to bet that they could be very intelligent people if their brains weren't slap full of such foolish riff-raff. If they were even half as dedicated to the company they work for as they are to their unions there is no telling what they could accomplish.

Hello my beloved Princess. What is the deal with you and Former ModerAAtor slumming? You guys sure have been Trolling around lately. If you guys despise me so much why even bother with me. I am glad that you enjoy slumming so much because I really do look forward to your posts. I just love the way you rant and belittle me. I just do not see how someone can be so ignorant and eloquent at the same time. I find it to be most amusing. If you have the time I would like to give you a little economics/tax lesson. It isn't good enough to make lots of money, it isn't good not to make money either. That’s a Catch-22 from hell isn't it. There is a solution though, you must make lots of money and lose lots of money at the same time. At the end of the fiscal year you want your balance sheet to read very little, zero and sometimes even better negative numbers. This limits the amount of cookies that our favorite Uncle and his favorite nephews can steal from the cookie jar. Take me for example, I get very upset when I make more than fifteen thousand dollars a year. It is absolutely amazing what you can do with a 1099. You might think that this is illegal but do let me say that it is the IRS that writes the laws. It is just a matter of working the system in your favor, my taxes are done every year by the book. So Princess and aasfc why don't you go and learn about economics before you come here to bash me.

how many yrs do you have with NWA--I mean months? I would believe the folks who had/have been at NWA a lot longer than I would believe you. NWA lost the large dough because they had to keep their crappy mgmt intact and pay you for hotel rooms and training etc etc

Amateurs! That's only $57 million/week. DL is losing $94 million/week according to 3rd quarter filings. :lol:

NWA management better get on the ball and start awarding some MAJOR management bonusses and burn some more cash, or the judge might do like the DL judge and start asking some hard questions instead of just giving the company whatever they want.

Neither do you, what PTO says is quite possible. It depends on how the company is structured... if Corporate Inc requires an income of $100m from Engineering Subsidiary, but it only makes $80m then it's seen as a $20m loss in Engineering Subsidiary. Because Engineering Subsidiary is part of NWA overall that $20m 'loss' affects the bottom line. However, if costs in engineering are $70m then in reality engineering still made a profit of $10m. I don't know how accounts at NWA are run, but what PTO said happens every day in other businesses.
Neither one of you know what the hell you are talking about. There is a big difference between managerial accounting ( for internal accounting users) and financial accounting (for external users). With the example PTO uses, management projected to make a certain amount. Well, hell, they could project anything they want. There is a difference between PROJECTED results and ACTUAL results. But the fact is that NW is a publically traded company and has has to follow the SEC Acts of 1933 and 1934 that regulate securities and the securities market. And one of the regulations is that periodic financial statements for the corporation must be produced with the yearly one audited. These FINANCIAL statements that investors and other parties use to gain important information about a company must be prepared according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). GAAP consists of SFASs (Statements of Financial Accounting Standards) issued by the FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board). Almost all companies like NW use accural based accounting- this is recgonize revenue when earned and expenses when incurred to produce that revenue during a certain period (quarter, month, year). NW reported an OPERATING loss of over $100 million since bk using GAAP.

Whodoyouthinkyouare, you used subsidiaries in your example.
In your example, you stated "if corporate inc requires". Well GAAP isn't based on what "corporate inc. requires", it is based on what "corporate inc. earned". When you have a group of companies with their own set of financial statements (like AA, Eagle,AMR investments) that deal with each other under a parent company (AMR), those intercompany transactions are eliminated during the preparation of the parent's (AMR) financial statements.

Again, management projections are internal and irrelevant to the financial statments prepared under GAAP for external users. PTO is just a SCAB that knows nothing of acounting.

Thank you whodoyouthinkyouare, I really do appreciate the support. These guys in here know nothing but the mindless and useless inner workings of unions. I would be willing to bet that they could be very intelligent people if their brains weren't slap full of such foolish riff-raff. If they were even half as dedicated to the company they work for as they are to their unions there is no telling what they could accomplish.

Hello my beloved Princess. What is the deal with you and Former ModerAAtor slumming? You guys sure have been Trolling around lately. If you guys despise me so much why even bother with me. I am glad that you enjoy slumming so much because I really do look forward to your posts. I just love the way you rant and belittle me. I just do not see how someone can be so ignorant and eloquent at the same time. I find it to be most amusing. If you have the time I would like to give you a little economics/tax lesson. It isn't good enough to make lots of money, it isn't good not to make money either. That’s a Catch-22 from hell isn't it. There is a solution though, you must make lots of money and lose lots of money at the same time. At the end of the fiscal year you want your balance sheet to read very little, zero and sometimes even better negative numbers. This limits the amount of cookies that our favorite Uncle and his favorite nephews can steal from the cookie jar. Take me for example, I get very upset when I make more than fifteen thousand dollars a year. It is absolutely amazing what you can do with a 1099. You might think that this is illegal but do let me say that it is the IRS that writes the laws. It is just a matter of working the system in your favor, my taxes are done every year by the book. So Princess and aasfc why don't you go and learn about economics before you come here to bash me.

It would behove you to take some financial accounting and cost/managerial accounting courses.

Latest posts