NWA loses grow since Chapter 11 filing (bizjournals.com)

Just because a company shows a loss it doesn't mean the company had a loss. For example if a company projects that it will make one million dollars on a C-Check but only makes seven hundred thousand it will claim a three hundred thousand dollar loss. In fact they made seven hundred thousand, it's a numbers game.

I sincerely hope your knowledge of aircraft maintenance and repair exceeds your accounting expertise.

Your quote above has nothing to do with GAAP accounting and reveals a complete lack of understanding of accounting.

NW experienced an operating loss of $136 million in those six weeks. The rest of the loss consisted of reorganization items, typically noncash writeoffs. Still, the operating loss amounted to nearly $1.2 billion if it continued for 52 weeks (in other words, on an annual basis) and that kind of losses will quickly sink NW.

Well i see PussTO is still inserting his foot and still isnt man enough to admit he is wrong and made everything up. Now i wonder who everyone will believe, FWAAA who knows what they are talking about or PTO and his scab cronies who have no clue what they are talking about.

Neither one of you know what the hell you are talking about. There is a big difference between managerial accounting ( for internal accounting users) and financial accounting (for external users). With the example PTO uses, management projected to make a certain amount. Well, hell, they could project anything they want. There is a difference between PROJECTED results and ACTUAL results. But the fact is that NW is a publically traded company and has has to follow the SEC Acts of 1933 and 1934 that regulate securities and the securities market. And one of the regulations is that periodic financial statements for the corporation must be produced with the yearly one audited. These FINANCIAL statements that investors and other parties use to gain important information about a company must be prepared according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). GAAP consists of SFASs (Statements of Financial Accounting Standards) issued by the FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board). Almost all companies like NW use accural based accounting- this is recgonize revenue when earned and expenses when incurred to produce that revenue during a certain period (quarter, month, year). NW reported an OPERATING loss of over $100 million since bk using GAAP.

Whodoyouthinkyouare, you used subsidiaries in your example.
In your example, you stated "if corporate inc requires". Well GAAP isn't based on what "corporate inc. requires", it is based on what "corporate inc. earned". When you have a group of companies with their own set of financial statements (like AA, Eagle,AMR investments) that deal with each other under a parent company (AMR), those intercompany transactions are eliminated during the preparation of the parent's (AMR) financial statements.

Again, management projections are internal and irrelevant to the financial statments prepared under GAAP for external users. PTO is just a SCAB that knows nothing of acounting.

Actually, thinking about it, you're right. The other way would be too open to abuse, using a part of the company to create huge losses to hide huge profits generated in another part, thus avoiding taxes.

However, it doesn't change the fact NWA is making huge losses regardless of whether it has scabs or not.

Keep rambling FWAAA I have seen it too many times. Yes, Whodoyouthinkyouare it gets abused on a regular basis. If every American and company paid the actual taxes they are supposed to the US government would have a hard time pissing it all off. Do be assured that they would piss it all off.

Keep rambling FWAAA I have seen it too many times. Yes, Whodoyouthinkyouare it gets abused on a regular basis. If every American and company paid the actual taxes they are supposed to the US government would have a hard time pissing it all off. Do be assured that they would piss it all off.

Anyone else here able to make sense of this post?

Are these guys drinking at breakfast?

Hope it's your day off, Cods.

Like the "freedom of speech myth", which takes money, power, and influence to enjoy, you have neither of these goods 'Cods. To think you will not pay "actual taxes" as a "everyday american" is laughable at best. I have heard this "I don't pay taxes, and "its all legit" story before. I've watched a few aqaintences faces go white when the "men in black" (IRS) come knocking.

I sincerely hope you enjoy being taught another hard lesson,
I will. :p

BTW 'Cods, your posts are getting more demented as your scab time closes in, are you hitting the bottle a little too much? :shock:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how PussTO seems to think he is an expert on everything? Its especially amusing how he also thinks he knows everything. I bet he is the type that no matter what someone is talking about he has done it bigger and better then anyone else. Im sure you all know the type im talking about.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how PussTO seems to think he is an expert on everything? Its especially amusing how he also thinks he knows everything. I bet he is the type that no matter what someone is talking about he has done it bigger and better then anyone else. Im sure you all know the type im talking about.
No its not just you Chas. This clown (PTO)is a legend in his own mind. He's seen it all, done it all, and knows it all. Too bad he's the only one who believes it. :lol:

I know for sure I don't believe it.

If he knew everything, did everything, etc., etc., he'd be a union guy and out there in the cold standing around bonfires like you guys.

PTO knows for sure that he is getting a paycheck and will be able to give his family a Merry Christmas.

What are you guys going to give your families. Picket signs?

I guess you could sell some of your extra vehicles or boats or summer homes on the lake and be living the good life for a while but it's going to end sometime.

When it does, how much you know won't buy you a cup of joe.

I know for sure I don't believe it.

If he knew everything, did everything, etc., etc., he'd be a union guy and out there in the cold standing around bonfires like you guys.

PTO knows for sure that he is getting a paycheck and will be able to give his family a Merry Christmas.

What are you guys going to give your families. Picket signs?

I guess you could sell some of your extra vehicles or boats or summer homes on the lake and be living the good life for a while but it's going to end sometime.

When it does, how much you know won't buy you a cup of joe.
Extra vehicles, boats, and summer homes? What world are you living in? Doug Stealinglands?

sounds like your jealous :shock: thats ok jim you go ahead and support the outsourcing of mechanics jobs, because the greedy corporations will be after yours soon enough. BTW hotshot how much training did you recieve to become a flight planner?

FP Jim,
Sounds like you hit a nerve. These guys are standing tall now, but wait until they start to run out of savings. Their wives and kids will start bitching at them to get a real job, so they can put food on the table. Those picket signs just don't pay like they use to. :lol:
That will be the day some good deals come around. I've been looking for a new truck. :up:

Latest posts