NWA losing Scabs

My Darling Princess once again you prove your ignorance of the contract industry. We do not seek overtime to make ends meet, we seek overtime because that is where the gravy is plus it keeps us occupied while away from home. To you work is work but to us it is an enjoyable form of entertainment. Getting paid overtime is just bonus. These guys are here to work and eight hours a day simply isn't cutting it. If NWA is concerned about paying out overtime they then need to go to a ten hour a day four-day workweek. As of now it is going to be tough for them to retain mechanics on an eight hour a day six-day workweek. Contractors simply are not going to put up with it. They will find employment elsewhere. That Sikorsky project is looking better and better everyday.
You seek OT because you know it is the only way you scabs can try to make ends meet. OR is it due to the fact that your scared that one or more of remaining unions are going to walk out on strike and shut down for good your lowly life career as a scab at Scab Air. I think it is hard enough that NWA doesnt have MECHANICS since they let go of the REAL MECHANICS. So you can see that they dont have talent in the maintaince department. You cant retain what you dont have. Therefore, NWA cant retain maintaince since they dont have any

NWA lost yet another Heavy Hitter today. I really do hate to see this mechanic go. On a good note though he is headed for the DFW area. Just maybe I will see him again.

My Darling Princess once again you prove your ignorance of the contract industry. We do not seek overtime to make ends meet, we seek overtime because that is where the gravy is plus it keeps us occupied while away from home. To you work is work but to us it is an enjoyable form of entertainment. Getting paid overtime is just bonus. These guys are here to work and eight hours a day simply isn't cutting it. If NWA is concerned about paying out overtime they then need to go to a ten hour a day four-day workweek. As of now it is going to be tough for them to retain mechanics on an eight hour a day six-day workweek. Contractors simply are not going to put up with it. They will find employment elsewhere. That Sikorsky project is looking better and better everyday.
Igota admit, I wouldnt mind getting back on the hawks...I wonder if there are any openings for tech reps to deploy with the Marine units...My ULTIMATE job fantasy!!!

icl, nwa has no "heavy hitters" to lose. There are only SCABS. There's that "i" coming into play yet again.
I could be off base, but it would SEEM that the concept of heavy hitter has been Destroyed by union mediocraty. While we wrench gypsies would consider the title heavy hitter as a compliment, it would appear that many here would only see it as , what was the term..Boot licking, I believe.

I guess that recinded free scab hotel is taking its toll as I predicted. Maintaining a home is hard enough, then have to pay for a scab hole while your a wrench qypsy has to be a b!tch. Hey 'Cods, Scab Air can't afford to pay overtime, they are bankrupt, remember? All their "extra" funds are going into managements' pocket, to keep them from bolting to some other business that need to be destroyed.

Everyone knows this is the best money your pitiful scab existance has ever achieved, and you should just admit it. You would not have become a POS scab a 1000 miles from mommy if it wasn't. What a pitiful scab life. You missed the gravy train a looooong time ago. Too bad. :p

NWA lost yet another Heavy Hitter today. I really do hate to see this mechanic go. On a good note though he is headed for the DFW area. Just maybe I will see him again.
NWA l;ost all of their HEAVY HITTERS when AMFA walked out on strike, which is still on going. Since then, they havent had anything close to that. They have had close calls in which the flight crews did an outstanding job in bringing the plane in safely despite MAINTAINCE RELATED problems.

NWA l;ost all of their HEAVY HITTERS when AMFA walked out on strike, which is still on going. Since then, they havent had anything close to that. They have had close calls in which the flight crews did an outstanding job in bringing the plane in safely despite MAINTAINCE RELATED problems.
It takes more then simply drawing a paycheck for 20 years to be a heavy hitter. IT takes basic mechanical skills, A strong aviation background, physical and mental endurance, a VERY strong work ethic, considerable Espri De Corps,and above all else, a self sacrificing willingness to put the safe and efficient accomplishment of the mission as your top priority..above physical comfort, liesure, union or non-union standings, seniority, or any other distraction. I am not saying that NONE of the A and P's at NWA prior to Aug 20th had these qualities, nor am I saying ALL of the A and P'S now working there have them as well. As always, I refer back to my oft quoted %20 rule. Given the nature of the 2 groups, however, one must logically draw the conclusion that the Heavy hitter mentality runs slightly higher amongst the contractors, rather than amongst the unionists. At the risk of stereotyping, I would opine that union rules favor longevvity, rather than actual skill or work ethic. Where is the incentive for a young hard charging union member to go the extra mile, when the only thing that will get him ahead is based on how long he has drawn a paycheck, in addition to the fact that he knows that in most cases, if he screws up, it is unlikely that he will be made to held accountable?
Contractors, on the other hand, take a much more Darwinistic approach. Your sucess in the industry is based SOLELY on what skills and attitudes you bring to the table. Its a much more brutal, difficult process to survive.You have to be quick on your feet, a VERY fast study, and be able to adapt to new enviroments and systems at a moments notice. In other words, stay fluid, 'cause flexible is to rigid.
To be fair, We do have our share of riff raff that float under the radar from contract to contract. These people typically dont last in the industry for too long, however, due the fact that most of us will run in to each other again in other contracts. As an example, when I checked into the hotel for training down in Az, I ran into a knucklehead I had already fired from 2 other sites. He looked up, saw me there, said "aw S@$t" and left. He had average work skills, but his attitude SUCKED! For all I know, he took a union job somewhere else. (relax dudes, I'm just kidding!) :p

Heavy hitter scab tool box contents: Sledge hammer, channel lock pliers, chinese socket set, hack saw, pneumatic muffler cutter, box of pens(for pencil whipping),and bubble gum(for tire thread repairs).

Still waiting on the answer to my question with regards to violating the FAR's with respect to duty time?

Question for you: I am presuming your stance is that people with union wages that topped out producing tangible items are not as productive as junior ones.

Do I smell Six Sigma???

Surely, I do see your point however typical nature of individuals with business backgrounds, many cannot understand the "human factor" nor the "human nature" of the enviroment.
As I stated above, I was just explaining the financial metric as it relates to benefits that could be achieved by furloughing out of seniority order. Again, this is just a financial metric to calculate actual productivity of a workforce, and does not necessarily trump safety, loyalty and fairness. This productivity gap between the senior and junior employees drives the effort for early buy-outs and voluntary furloughs. If the most senior employees were more productive, then NWA would not offer these early-outs for senior employees.

Still waiting on the answer to my question with regards to violating the FAR's with respect to duty time?
AP Tech, I can't answer that. I don't know how they are going to manage their days off. I know that if it were me I would still be taking my three day weekends off.

Heavy hitter scab tool box contents: Sledge hammer, channel lock pliers, chinese socket set, hack saw, pneumatic muffler cutter, box of pens(for pencil whipping),and bubble gum(for tire thread repairs).
Yes CSAR you are correct, this is pretty funny. Princess will surprise you every now and then with a bit of humor.

X-NWA Scabs report back as Sikorsky Scabs. Big checks easy work, the door is wide open. I wonder how many guys are going to leave now that good reports are coming back, money talks and is very persuasive. Sitxy-hours a week sounds like the good-ole days with weekends off.

AP Tech, I can't answer that. I don't know how they are going to manage their days off. I know that if it were me I would still be taking my three day weekends off.
Yes CSAR you are correct, this is pretty funny. Princess will surprise you every now and then with a bit of humor.

X-NWA Scabs report back as Sikorsky Scabs. Big checks easy work, the door is wide open. I wonder how many guys are going to leave now that good reports are coming back, money talks and is very persuasive. Sitxy-hours a week sounds like the good-ole days with weekends off.

Yeah, go ahead and scab at Seecrashski. Those guys walked out to stop the errosion of their health care plan and you scabby scum bags will go in there and help Mr. George David(CEO of UNITED TECHNOLOGIES) keep his 50 million a year plus salary,benefit package. You scabs have no morals at all. You scabs are a disgrace to the human race.

Back