NWA Pilots Sue NWA

I think the expectations might be a little askew here. Yes, everybody makes a lot less than we used to. That is done and over with, and now we move forward with that.

I know. I did.

Just because these incentives don't "make up" the difference, they are still incremental income that we would not have gotten if not for these programs.

No argument here, either.

Poo-pooing them because they don't get you back to where you were is counterproductive and silly. They are not intented to do that; since the whole point of this restructuring process was to reduce costs, not just move them from base pay to incentive pay.

I'm well aware of why NWA went into BK, and what purpose it served. Just because I'm an ESL doesn't mean I'm simian.

In the end, all of us need to evaluate if the amount we now earn is worth our time/effort and if we can do better elsewhere. If you are still with NWA at this point, then you have already come to terms with that and it makes no sense to do these silly comparisons to your old contract vs the incentive/profit sharing payments that now supplement your base income.

Just because I'm still here doesn't mean I'm going to just sit on my hands and not fight for a better tomorrow.

The comparisons only come into play when the company tries to push on us that these programs are intended to relieve the cuts we all took. They may not being trying to push that message in building A, but I assure you that's exactly what's happening "out in the field."

Finny,
Step back from the Kool-aid. Do it slowly so you don't have withdrawal pains. Stop and read what you wrote. You are making the case for labor without us even opening our mouths (or keyboards). You can't believe anyone else sees it different than you and try to sweep it under the rug with the tired old "its time to get over it and move on" dribble. That's the problem with unions and labor, they don't get over it and move on. They return to the battlefield and continue the attack, especially when they have been ambushed. To sit there and say EVERYONE is making A LITTLE BIT LESS is comical. I love it! Keep posting the mgt side, it is very entertaining.

Finny,
To sit there and say EVERYONE is making A LITTLE BIT LESS is comical. I love it! Keep posting the mgt side, it is very entertaining.
Nice reading. My post #15 says "everybody makes a lot less..."