NWA starts selling food in coach, who will be next?

I know this topic is a bit stale, but this past weekend I flew LGA-MSP round trip, and food was sold in both directions...a Greek salad and chicken wrap on the outbound ($7), and a cold pasta salad dish on the return ($10), each with a cookie or brownie. My point isn''t to describe the minutiae of the meals, lest this start sounding like one of those weird trip reports over on airliners.net, but just to say that I was very impressed with the whole concept. Everything was not only edible, but actually quite tasty, and I felt like I got my money''s worth--I''ve certainly paid at least that much for lower-quality food at airport concession stands.

More important, both were late afternoon/early evening flights that covered normal dinner hours, so being able to buy a meal on the flights, which were otherwise pretzels-only, was a very appealing option. I hope to see it on more flights in the future. Does anyone from NW have any insight on whether it''s going to be a permanent feature onboard, or just a temporary experiment? Any word on how the sales are going? On my flights, it seemed like a reasonable number of passengers were trying the meals, but not so many that the F/As were swamped. But I''d be curious to hear feedback from others, both passengers and crew.

----------------
On 6/10/2003 4:44:12 PM AAG2000 wrote:

But I''d be curious to hear feedback from others, both passengers and crew.

----------------​

The WSJ just did a "taste test" article on the inflight meals for purchase just a couple of days ago. If memory serves, they tested NW, US, Song, Midwest, and maybe one other. Surprisingly, they didn''t include HP, who started the trend. Anyway, like you, the reporter was generally favorably impressed.