Value of NWA shares foretells a risky future

yeogeo

Aug 20, 2002
Buried deep in this article are a couple of airline consultants who dare to recommend airline stocks to the investor...Clearly voices in the wilderness!! -yeo
Minneapolis Star Tribune, 10/13/02
Low value of NWA shares foretells a risky future
Mike Meyers
Star Tribune National Economics Correspondent
http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3357642.html

[BR][FONT style=BACKGROUND-COLOR: #98c4e8]Sorry pal. This is such a worn out view regarding the industry that one almost has to dust the cobb webs off to read it. One would have to have been on Mars for the last year nott o know what is going on at ALL of the carriers not just at NWA. Tell us something FRESH![/FONT]

Blueskies-

Well I’ll be...I’ve never been dissed for publishing a link before! Sorry you found the article sub par.

I wouldn’t defend the article for any particular genius or, as you put it, freshness, but I did find it interesting at least for the unusual siting of two consultants willing to brave the opinion that airline stocks might be a good buy just now. (Note that they were airline consultants, not stock analysts).

Really didn’t think that the piece was particularly hard on Northwest either (if that was a reason for your reaction), in spite of the attention grabbing headline.

Also, I thought that an article published in Northwest’s hometown newspaper might be of interest to someone like me with an interest in airlines but who may not have had time on their hands like I did this weekend.

What can I say? They’ll try harder next time?

your “palâ€
yeo

LOL... Please don't take that as an insult! It wasn't hard on NWA at all. It was just the re-hashing of how bad the airlines are doing in general. I am just amazed at how so many of these reporters reprint eachothers work. They generally pick up on some small tid bit regarding a company, and that is all you will hear for the next 4 weeks. Just look at how they are constantly working UAL over...they did it to us relentlessly in 98'. Thanks for the thought anyway. In this day and age, no NEWS is GOOD NEWS..