NWA Stock

At this time there are so many hot energy stocks that investing in an airline doesn't make sense. One such stock is the sector stock from Fidelity which is used to fund Canadian oil production. Two words...BIG GAINER! Two more words...Airline stock (aka toilet paper).
The energy stocks are indeed enticing but I tend to stay away from them as well as mining and pharmaceutical companies. I am tempted to jump on the ethanol bandwagon but I’m still a bit hesitant. USSE.PK is a good example. Is it time to jump on or not?

Are you sensible enough to index your long term funds or are you one of the "paper millionaires" who follows the local newspaper for hot clues?

Actually neither, I try to move my stocks within 90 days and in some instances thirty days. The closest I have gotten to long-term holdings is with AAPM.PK. Even then I buy eleven million shares and sell ten, holding on to a million each flip. Who knows what will happen with them five years from now. As of now I simply search for tanked stocks then try to determine why they tanked and if they are currently undervalued. Check out the history of ZTM and SIR. Those two were heavy gainers for me in a very short time period.