Nwa Wants More From Pilots

NWA_NJ said:
Second rounds of talks was expected by both sides... this is not new news.
[post="294228"][/post]​

So when does it end. Pilots, FA's and ramps sould have honored the picket line with the mechanics. If the mechanics would have taken the full 176 million , the company would have come back a few month later and asked for more. You can't disagree with that. :angry:

WNJETFIXER said:
So when does it end. Pilots, FA's and ramps sould have honored the picket line with the mechanics. If the mechanics would have taken the full 176 million , the company would have come back a few month later and asked for more. You can't disagree with that. :angry:
[post="294250"][/post]​
I'm not saying it's right or wrong... just that when the first round happened both sides said they would return for a second round discussion.

NWA_NJ said:
I'm not saying it's right or wrong... just that when the first round happened both sides said they would return for a second round discussion.
[post="294260"][/post]​
Someone had to take a stand. If it was'nt the mechanics it would have been the pilots or the FA's. Don't think for one second that these corporate monkies have the airline in their best interest. It's all about making more money for them.

WNJETFIXER said:
Someone had to take a stand. If it was'nt the mechanics it would have been the pilots or the FA's. Don't think for one second that these corporate monkies have the airline in their best interest. It's all about making more money for them.
[post="294298"][/post]​

I'll guess that the "corporate monkies" are far more worried about doing what they can to break even than they are about making more money "for them"....

Former ModerAAtor said:
I'll guess that the "corporate monkies" are far more worried about doing what they can to break even than they are about making more money "for them"....
[post="294319"][/post]​

Add up all of the salaries and bonuses recieved by the corporate monkies. If they are just worried about breaking even then why not take less. I call BS.
If Dougie wants to be more like SWA then he should look at our top exec's pay. :shock:

Former ModerAAtor said:
[post="294319"][/post]​
Maybe so, but we ALL know that they're "NOT"worrying about their pensions. Unlike all of us!!

Former ModerAAtor said:
[post="294319"][/post]​

Yet they've already managed to spend twice the difference, and counting, between AMFA's last offer and their own on the strike. Had they been willing to discuss means of achieving cost savings, rather than insisting their initial proposal was the only way of achieving such savings, NWA employees might believe what you're saying.

"Breaking even" is less of a priority for NWA than breaking their unions.

In Confessions of a Union Buster the author stated management comes back 3 times for concessions. That is exactly what happened at US and your new CFO was behind all 3 cuts at US. Good Luck.

Back