Nwa's Past In Scandinavia

Aug 29, 2005
After airline deregulation Northwest Airlines began service to Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen from the continental United States in 1986. As I recall Oslo was served via Minneapolis and New York, Stockholm was served via Oslo, London, and Copenhagen, and Copenhagen was served from New York. Now my question regards the performance of these routes, especially Minneapolis-Oslo-Stockholm. What were the load factors of these "Scandinavian flights"? And when did Northwest Airlines discontinue these routes. On a more recent note, does Northwest plan or still retain the authority to fly from the continental US to Scandinavia. I'm obviously well aware of the KLM alliance, but thinking about the consumer, and how they would probably prefer a direct route via Minneapolis-St. Paul or even Detroit, is it likely we will see the return of these routes, or something similar?

NWA

Kev,

I thought I remembered MSP-OSL not to long ago, I had second thoughts though, because I didnt recall if the route was actually inagurated or if the route was just a rumor.

NWA

Kinda like the ol' saying,
"You never miss your water, till' your well goes dry"

(Same for USA/SYD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bean counters", don't ya' just luv em' ??????????

NH/BB's

Back