obama paying iran to negoiate!

Should have let Israel take care of it when they wanted to.
NK has a bastard for a big brother called China.

You do know Iran has an allie called Russia don't you?

Remember, "after the election, I'll have more flexibility."

Ms Tree said:
Yes. How would you deal with Iran and N Korea?
Tree, at this point it may be too late!------ But what I'd do is what obama should have done long ago. I'd walk away from the table, but leave the door open, and double down on the sanctions. And tell Iran's old man that I'd double down on those every three months until I got what I wanted. -------- But than again, who the hell am I?

Ms Tree said:
Yes. How would you deal with Iran and N Korea?

Ask Baracky:

The Barack Obama administration has estimated for years that Iran was at most three months away from enriching enough nuclear fuel for an atomic bomb. But the administration only declassified this estimate at the beginning of the month, just in time for the White House to make the case for its Iran deal to Congress and the public.
Speaking to reporters and editors at our Washington bureau on Monday, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz acknowledged that the U.S. has assessed for several years that Iran has been two to three months away from producing enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. When asked how long the administration has held this assessment, Moniz said: "Oh quite some time." He added: "They are now, they are right now spinning, I mean enriching with 9,400 centrifuges out of their roughly 19,000. Plus all the . . . . R&D work. If you put that together it's very, very little time to go forward. That's the 2-3 months."
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-04-21/obama-kept-iran-s-short-breakout-time-a-secret

MCI transplant said:
Tree, at this point it may be too late!------ But what I'd do is what obama should have done long ago. I'd walk away from the table, but leave the door open, and double down on the sanctions. And tell Iran's old man that I'd double down on those every three months until I got what I wanted. -------- But than again, who the hell am I?
BaRack doesn't even know how to spell "Double Down", let alone, actually do it!

Reactions: 1 person
the bottom line is that the obama white house's foreign policy has been a dismal failure, tough for liberals to own that but .........

of course he may have a sec of state selling favors

southwind said:
Nice try but, nowhere did I see the " Wipe another nation from the face of the planet" comment!
Launching a nuke kind of implies that. Slice that hair as thin as you like.

Reactions: 2 people
MCI transplant said:
There have been sanctions against Cuba since before I was born and they failed. There have been sanctions against N Korea since before I was born and they failed. There have been sanctions again Iran since Reagan and they have failed. I see a trend. Sanctions don't really work.

Reactions: 2 people
cltrat said:
the bottom line is that the obama white house's foreign policy has been a dismal failure, tough for liberals to own that but .........

of course he may have a sec of state selling favors
Can you give an example of a successful forgiven policy so I know what the criteria are?

Ms Tree said:
Can you give an example of a successful forgiven policy so I know what the criteria are?
I'll take Reagan ending the Cold war for 100 Alex, while not perfect light years ahead of anything obama and his crooked frm sec o state have done

I had a feeling you were going to say that.

Reagan did not end the cold war on his own. Were it not for Gorbachev it never would have happened. Gorbachev realized it was not worth bankrupting his country to keep up with the insane amount of military spending. Regan had already tarted to reduce military budgets (high was in 1983) and the public started to demand that talks start (they called it detente back in the day) and Congress put a freeze on nuke production. Regan was fearful of not getting re-elected so he started to talk with Russia. According to Powell, Reagan was terrified of the prospect of a nuclear war. He also believed that the US and Russia had to come to an agreement because of the possibility of an alien invasion. Look it up. Funny stuff.

Point being it takes more than just the POTUS to make head way in international relations. If you are not dealing with a rational leader (N Korea, Iran) then making head way is much more difficult if not impossible.

Speaking of Reagan, how does the Iran/contra fiasco and the 241 dead in Beirut (which resulted in the US bailing out of Lebanon), KAL 007, Lets not forget about Grenada ... affect his foreign policy?

Ms Tree said:
There have been sanctions against Cuba since before I was born and they failed. There have been sanctions against N Korea since before I was born and they failed. There have been sanctions again Iran since Reagan and they have failed. I see a trend. Sanctions don't really work.

Excellent points. Sanctions don't actually work....Umm...you'll perhaps be willing to admit that Israel's attack on the Iraqi nuke project at Osirak stopped Saddam's program in it's tracks though? Did Iraq ever get a nuclear weapon?....No?...Why not?  Think about the reality-vs-fantasy aspects of life on our fine Earth. I don't much care for the true harshness of "the rules" for our species since we first evolved, nor the tragic necessity of sometimes killing our fellows to prevent even worse from happening, but our nature must be admitted and understood.

Grant the Iranians "the bomb" and you WILL see mushrooms bloom on our Earth again...and then the likes global warming, or really anything else,  won't seem such a pressing issue at all...just sayin'....

North Korea? = A complete fool's errand to ever let them get nukes, but I strongly suspect the idiot-child "in charge" over there hasn't many more years to live before being killed by his own people, precious few of which in "upper management" would truly want to ever repeat war with the USA....NOT so the Iranian crazies, who even have a "religious belief" that necessitates war.

P.S. Tree: You've previously posted being all in favor of guv-mint intervention into even private gun sales, but are yet seemingly just fine with "Death to America!" Iran getting nuclear weapons?...You know?...The kinda' things that incinerate whole cities and can kill many millions of human beings in a single strike?  Sigh!...This must be yet more liberal democrat "logic" that I'll simply never understand. ;)