Off Tangent Post from "Challenges ahead mean US Airways honeymoon over"

Yes. I have faith that the future will shift to a more peaceful balance if there is a change. I also emphatically believe that once Bush's term is up along with his administration, the U.S. will be viewed differently in the world. At that time, I think peace and reasonability of people can work towards peaceful goals. I not sure about "truth" in the context of "peace" through compromise. I don't believe peace is achieved in anything where this is an "imbalance", or slanted views that are self serving to a specific hidden agenda. When views are not balanced, it ususally means there is fear of losing power or significance.

The rest of your post needs translated in simple terms and how these proverbs relate to today's world. Don't want to enter "fantasy land"; just relationships to today.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06264/723748-53.stm

I guess Mr Dobson in your mind, is confused.

"fantasy land" belongs to the lost.

I don't think Dr. Dobson is confused...I think he is focused on his own agenda of "control"...tax free too.
So paying taxes supporting corruption and all sorts of flawed policy is a good thing for struggling families? O_K

Don't worry you‘re safe, for now. I know twisted me won't convert you, you're cemented in your ideologies as your thousands of posts scream.

Millions upon millions of lost screaming souls will be gnashing for eternity who foolishly believed they had it all figured out as their bloated arrogant egos attest. This dark world is their playground, for now.

So paying taxes supporting corruption and all sorts of flawed policy is a good thing for struggling families? O_K

Don't worry you‘re safe, for now. I know twisted me won't convert you, you're cemented in your ideologies as your thousands of posts scream.

Millions upon millions of lost screaming souls will be gnashing for eternity who foolishly believed they had it all figured out as their bloated arrogant egos attest. This dark world is their playground, for now.

Hmm... your posts are all too very familiar... new moniker, Aug/06...

Let me think...yea, not hard to figure out.

not hard to figure out.

I am glad you have found the light

Now onto the millions of others. . . . . .

Ears To Hear

"So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit. The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:11-14 RSV)

The Holy Spirit

Humans are intelligent creatures. We can think, we can reason, we can form opinions. But physical humans are flesh. Our minds are naturally carnal. Human reasoning is self-serving. No matter how hard we may try, no matter how hard we may think that we may want to try, we cannot understand the Spiritual Truth of God without The Holy Spirit of God. It's the key that unlocks the Scriptures. The Holy Spirit makes it possible for us to "hear" what God is actually saying. Without it, we may read the Bible, and become great "experts" of the Bible, and still not really understand what it says. And, as amazing as it may seem, that's exactly how God wants it.

Salvation In Stages

The Bible speaks of two separate and widely-spaced resurrections, the first at The Return Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17), and the second 1,000 years later (Revelation 20:5). Those in the first resurrection will reign with Jesus Christ during the "millennium" (Revelation 20:6). They will not face a judgment after their resurrection, otherwise they would not be resurrected as immortal spirit beings. Those who awaken then will have made it. They are being judged now, or have been judged in whatever time that they lived during the past.
Those awakened after the 1,000 years will be resurrected physical (e.g. Ezekiel 37:1-14), and will later face a judgment, based on what they do with the knowledge that they will have then. Those who obey will be granted eternal life, those who refuse to obey will be cast into the lake of fire. Those resurrected later will absolutely not be getting a second chance, but their first chance, later. There are no "second" chances.

Few Truly With "Ears" Now

The Lord gives the "ears to hear":
"These are the words of the covenant which The Lord commanded to make with the people of Israel in the land of Moab, besides the covenant which He had made with them at Horeb. And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them: "You have seen all that The Lord did before your eyes in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land, the great trials which your eyes saw, the signs, and those great wonders; but to this day The Lord has not given you a mind to understand, or eyes to see, or ears to hear." (Deuteronomy 29:1-4 RSV)
"Thou Hast Hidden These Things":
"At that time Jesus declared, "I thank Thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that Thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was Thy gracious will. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except The Father, and no one knows The Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him." (Matthew 11:25-27 RSV)
Why Jesus used parables:
"He who has ears, let him hear." Then the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?" And He answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given" (Matthew 13:9-11 RSV)
Even the apostles didn't understand at first:
"Then He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about Me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled." Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures" (Luke 24:44-45 RSV)

A Later Time When All Will Have "Ears"

A physical resurrection:
"The hand of The Lord was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of The Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones. And He led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry. And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord God, Thou knowe."
"Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of The Lord. Thus says The Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am The Lord."
"So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And as I looked, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them; but there was no breath in them."
"Then He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says The Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live." So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great host."
"Then He said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.' Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says The Lord God: Behold, I will open your graves, and raise you from your graves , O My people; and I will bring you home into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am The Lord, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O My people. And I will put My Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; then you shall know that I, The Lord, have spoken, and I have done it, says The Lord." (Ezekiel 37:1-14 RSV)
Teachers hidden no more:
"And though The Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself any more, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Then you will defile your silver-covered graven images and your gold-plated molten images. You will scatter them as unclean things; you will say to them, "Begone!"
"And He will give rain for the seed with which you sow the ground, and grain, the produce of the ground, which will be rich and plenteous. In that day your cattle will graze in large pastures; and the oxen and the asses that till the ground will eat salted provender, which has been winnowed with shovel and fork. And upon every lofty mountain and every high hill there will be brooks running with water, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. Moreover the light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day when The Lord binds up the hurt of His people, and heals the wounds inflicted by His blow." (Isaiah 30:20-26 RSV)

No "Second" Chances

There are no "second chances" for those who have had the opportunity to truly understand. Once the Truth is known, whether sooner or later, a choice must be made to repent and live, or rebel and burn. There is only one chance:
"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overpowered, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them." (2 Peter 2:20-21 RSV)

"For it is impossible to restore again to repentance those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of The Word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they then commit apostasy, since they crucify the Son of God on their own account and hold Him up to contempt. For land which has drunk the rain that often falls upon it, and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed; its end is to be burned." (Hebrews 6:4-8 RSV)

Will the earth one day be as "full of the knowledge of The Lord as the waters cover the sea"? Isaiah 11:9

The Word of Life

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-4,14 KJV)

"The Word of life; for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear
witness"

John's Gospel account refers to the Logos (the actual Greek word that was written) of God, which is translated into English as the Word of God, as being the power of God that created life i.e. "all things were made by Him" and that Word of God was born as Jesus Christ i.e. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
John again refers to Christ, "the Word of life," in that way in his first epistle:

"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full." (1 John 1:1-4 KJV)

Were such references to Jesus Christ merely the philosophy of the apostle John? No. Like all true servants of God, who teach the truth of God, John was teaching what he had been taught, not by man, but by the very Word of Life Himself, Jesus Christ, as recorded here in Christ's own words - the Word of God as spoken by the Word of God ("Word of God" is dual in meaning).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My Word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in Himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself; And hath given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of man."
"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and My judgment is just; because I seek not Mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent Me." (John 5:24-30 KJV)