Famous US Airways East Pilot Speech

Do you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When you've seen this and then read the speech parody it just doesn't seem all that funny.

I've used a few parodies myself but usually just musicians. Gen Patton and The Nicholau award just don't equate to me. Sorry it's just me.
[/quote]

Piney:

You've proper pride in an honorable family heritage. I can fully understand your not being comfortable with the "Patton" speech inserted herein then. My late father spent 30 years USN, with 3 years in the North Atlantic, from original "Lend Lease" to service on USS Bogue, and I'd likely be "sensitive" to anything that seemingly disparaged such service.

"Kill all the lawyers" is actually meant as praise for the lawyer's role in society.[/url]"

That's quite true..but it was a thought from the Bard's times..when lawyers were actually very few in numbers..and served some usefull role in society..versus being the parasitical social cancer, and locust-like infestation that they've long since become :shock:

"OJay's Innocent!".."Umm..well he IS liable for civil damages for the crime he didn't commit though". :lol:

Frankly, you amuse me rather than annoy me. So please, carry on! It's good to have something to laugh at in between amublance chases.

I got a big kick outta' the "letter" posting;) Perhaps you're assuming..as do the yapping little puppy-punks so often heard here from AWA..that all any of us have ever done is be commercial airline/30 degree bank-Oh-My!! non contributors to the USA.
Yeah, like the former Air Force 1 commander and multiple B2 pilots that call AWA home. The prejudice and bigotry of the east about the west pilots is so 180 deg out from reality that it's hilarious. 'preciate the chuckle.

What's a fib?

BTW here is the text of the "real" speech. That should put us back on topic sorta.

Original Speech

What's a fib?

Well I think your posting on here is more about you, your ego, talking about yourself and having nothing better to do then about "It's about me to the extent that there have already been incidences of pilot distraction which can affect safety and since I'm flying I am concerned"

I mean come on you really thnk what you post on here is going to make it safer to fly? Oh wait your ego might just have you believing that. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

Combat is Combat my friend. Thank you for your service. I confess I didn't see the humor. I know for a fact that a great many US pilots flew for the military. I live very clsoe to the Warren Grove firing range. I used to love to watch the A-10 Warthogs practice their ground support roles and marvel at the precision with which they operated. Now those folks are in harms way and somehow I don't think they worry much over seniority. I eagerly await their return to us safe and sound.

I have been to the Ardenne and will be there next week. I've been retracing the movements of a relative, PFC Kenneth W. Johnson, 3rd Army Corp, 90th Infantry Division. It's really something to see. The greatest generation hobbled by age and infirmity being welcomed with open arms by a still grateful citizenry. When you see the honor and esteem with which they hold General Patton to this very day it brings a smile to your face and a tear to your eye.

Young people half my age, will come up and ask "Did your father fight here" and when you say "No my uncle, 90th Division Patton's 3rd Army" and the kid straightens himself as if to stand at attention and then says "Thank you for saving our lives" and they go on to ask tons of questions about your relative and if he is still alive. It's a sight to see an 81 year old Sargent stand for 3 hours in Bastogne signing autographs in front of the tank next to the visitors center. It's all young people too, most under 35.

When you've seen this and then read the speech parody it just doesn't seem all that funny.

I've used a few parodies myself but usually just musicians. Gen Patton and The Nicholau award just don't equate to me. Sorry it's just me.

Good response. If numbers count, I've got over 1600 combat hours - and that speech was insulting.

In the end, the USAir pilots are no worse off with this integration- their relative seniority was preserved. What they wanted- a shortcut to the head of the line at LCC at the expense of good people of the acquiring company- was recognized unanimously by the arbitrator and neutral members of the arbitration board for what it really is.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Except for the 900 untouchables, no relative seniority was preserved.

A DOH with conditions and restrictions would have provided no "head of line" bs.

"acquiring company"? If so, I am due a lot of money right now. If anything, AAA acquired the rooties.

The CAL neutral dissented. The UAL "neutral", thought it was great, especially when US (merges, buys out, gets bought out) by UAL. Then, I can sit back and laugh at the whining from the rooty tooties. You guys just buried yourselves.

Have a good day and get used to being a biotch.

As an aside I wasn't put on earth to please you so pardon me if I don't give a rats arse what you think of me. Soory Charlie only good tuna get to be Starkist.

LOL I have no idea what any of your post meant but I already know you don't care what I or anyone else thinks of you. That is a key trait of the type personality you have. Well your ego cares but you will never admit it. I liked posting it anyway naw naw.

As an aside I do have a question what is this fixation with ass you have? It seems you are always mentioning it in different ways.

"Yeah, like the former Air Force 1 commander and multiple B2 pilots that call AWA home. The prejudice and bigotry of the east about the west pilots is so 180 deg out from reality that it's hilarious. 'preciate the chuckle."

You sir..being one of the aforementioned "yappy little puppy" sorts..are clearly not one of those you properly seem to have some respect for within your own 'ranks" at AWA. I've no issues with those gentlemen being seen to be actual Aviators/Comrades;) The truth..like it or not sir..is that AWA employment was cause for commiseration at my old reserve squadron. It was always an indicator of foul fortune during other interviews...or a very bleak hiring period. NO ONE "wanted" to fly for AWA when the "real airlines" were hiring.

Well to be brutally Honest I had to think about it for a minute.

Mostly it is because it's a word that gets past the board censor program. Also I think in some ways it is more effective than the "F" Bomb which is so overused that it has no meaning. Howard Stern used alot to get past the censors and I picked it up from the show too I think. I do try to maintain some decorum, although I confess that I don't always achieve that goal.

Hope that answers your question

Well I guess its how people are raised. I can't stand Stern's show but I can see how if you watch it where your crudeness comes from.

I see where it comes from but why do you have to be so crude? What purpose does it serve on here? Are you like that at work and with customers?