Oops, Pentagon finds no link

It's obvious you don't care, that is why you post false internet garbage attributed to John Glenn and pass it off as truth.

Source

From Snopes:

Duh...Tech2101??? :lol:

Your post is accurate with the following exception :lol:

Hey sweetie...from Truth or Fiction:

Pithy Exchange Between Senators John Glenn and Howard Metzenbaum-Truth!
bullet Summary of the eRumor
Said to be debate between Senators John Glenn and Howard Meztenbaum on the floor of the Senate.
Metzenbaum accused Glenn of never having held a real job.
Glenn responded by saying he had served 23 years as a Marine including 2 wars, flying 149 missions, having his plane hit 12 times by anti-aircraft fire plus his years in NASA and as an astronaut.
He asks Metzenbaum to go with him to visit wounded soldiers or the families of the Apollo astronauts who were killed and tell them those veterans didn't have a real job.
Glenn then says he did indeed have a real job and asks Metzenbaum, "How about you."
The eRumor closes with the comment that during World War II Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist party.

The Truth
This exchange did take place but not on the floor of the Senate, but the wording of Glenn's words if fairly accurate.
It was during the campaign debate in 1974 when Metzenbaum was running for reelection and Glenn was challenging him.
Glenn and Metzenbaum had also run against each other for the same seat four years earlier, a race that Metzenbaum had won.
A few days prior to the debate, Metzenbaum made a widely publicized statement that said that Glenn had never met a payroll (he didn't actually say that he'd never held a real job).
In other words, Glenn had been a military man not a businessman, like Metzenbaum, who had created a major newspaper and a nation-wide parking company.
Metzenbaum did not repeat that charge during the debate, but Glenn came prepared to respond to it and did it so powerfully that he also went on to win the election.

If Howard Metzenbaum represented the Communist party as an attorney during World War II, we have not found substantiaton for that.

You crack me up..... :lol:

Duh...Tech2101??? :lol:

Your post is accurate with the following exception :lol:

Hey sweetie...from Truth or Fiction:

(

You crack me up..... :lol:
It's obvious you didn't read what the article said. I will post it again here:

(They are referring to the text wrapped in quote tags Delldude.)

Update: In 2005, someone prefaced the John Glenn/Howard Metzenbaum article with the following item about Iraq. This addendum has nothing to do with John Glenn — it's an anonymous piece that has been floating around the Internet since 2004, but because it has been tacked onto an article about Glenn, readers have been misled into thinking that it is a transcription of something he said:

THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVE:

WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID, Scroll down.

Things that make you think a little........

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during January....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following...

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has ....liberated two countries; crushed the Taliban; crippled al-Qaida; put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot; and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound- That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chapaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! The Military morale is high!

This is the portion that I referred to that you posted as true: Does it look familiar?

John Glenn (DEMOCRAT) said this ----- Perhaps It will make you think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the
month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, state the following:

FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us ;

Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea

North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson (DEMOCRAT) turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost .

an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton (DEMOCRAT) went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.

Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three
times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush
has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida,

put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran , and, North Korea without firing a shot,

and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

And the Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking.

But Wait, There's more

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno

(DEMOCRAT) to take the Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51-day operation..

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons
in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton

(DEMOCRAT) to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the
Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took

Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida !!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB !
The Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant
to realize the facts

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/glenn.asp

I hope this helps.

It's obvious you don't care, that is why you post false internet garbage attributed to John Glenn and pass it off as truth.

Source

From Snopes:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during January....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us ;

Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea

North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson (DEMOCRAT) turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost .

an average of 5,800 per year.

Looks spot on here,Dude.

Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three
times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

Clinton eventually won approval from NATO but not the United Nations for a limited bombing campaign that led to peace talks and a NATO peacekeeping force at the end of 1995. About 3,000 U.S. troops are in Bosnia today.

This you deny?

In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush
has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida,

put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran , and, North Korea without firing a shot,

and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

Any problem here Dude?

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno

(DEMOCRAT) to take the Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51-day operation..

A subsequent 51-day siege by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ended on April 19 when fire destroyed the complex.

Here Pal....

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons
in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton

(DEMOCRAT) to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

After nearly two years of searches and subpoenas, the White House said this evening that it had unexpectedly discovered copies of missing documents from Hillary Rodham Clinton's law firm that describe her work for a failing savings and loan association in the 1980's.

Dude, you're killing me

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the
Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took

Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

Duh

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida !!!

The 2003 invasion of Iraq, from March 20 to May 1, 2003, was led by the United States, backed by British forces and smaller contingents from Australia, Poland and Denmark. Some other countries were involved in its aftermath. The invasion launched the Iraq War, which is ongoing.

So Dude...whats your point?

Looks spot on here,Dude.

This you deny?

Any problem here Dude?

A subsequent 51-day siege by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ended on April 19 when fire destroyed the complex.

Here Pal....

After nearly two years of searches and subpoenas, the White House said this evening that it had unexpectedly discovered copies of missing documents from Hillary Rodham Clinton's law firm that describe her work for a failing savings and loan association in the 1980's.

Dude, you're killing me

Duh

The 2003 invasion of Iraq, from March 20 to May 1, 2003, was led by the United States, backed by British forces and smaller contingents from Australia, Poland and Denmark. Some other countries were involved in its aftermath. The invasion launched the Iraq War, which is ongoing.

So Dude...whats your point?

My point is that you falsely attributed the entire statement to John Glenn.

He did not say or write those things that you quoted him as saying.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do now.

My point is that you falsely attributed the entire statement to John Glenn.

He did not say or write those things that you quoted him as saying.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do now.

Never implied or suggested what you infer......you on your own took some bizarre interpretation of what I posted and twisted it to suit your Liberal outlook on the worlds issues,much like you and your colleague Veritas have done on several occasions with out success.
I previously posted some historical actions of the Clintons and their perverted use of the White House of which you and your cohort Vertias categorically denied as falsehoods and lies and made a feeble attempt to assassinate my character....funny thing.....when proven wrong you two silently slip into the sunset and never repost again letting the thread sink slowly to the next page.

KMA.... :lol:

Never implied or suggested what you infer......you on your own took some bizarre interpretation of what I posted and twisted it to suit your Liberal outlook on the worlds issues,much like you and your colleague Veritas have done on several occasions with out success.
I previously posted some historical actions of the Clintons and their perverted use of the White House of which you and your cohort Vertias categorically denied as falsehoods and lies and made a feeble attempt to assassinate my character....funny thing.....when proven wrong you two silently slip into the sunset and never repost again letting the thread sink slowly to the next page.

KMA.... :lol:

Actually, Delldude, when you responded to my earlier post, you did attribute it to Senator John Glenn as tech stated. Here is a refresher:

delldude said:
For those of you who spent time in the military,

believe in our military and support the men and women of our military, read on.............

John Glenn (DEMOCRAT) said this ----- Perhaps It will make you think a little:

I haven't looked into whether the actual assertions are factual, but you cannot honestly say that you didn't attribute it to John Glenn as Tech has stated.

Actually, Delldude, when you responded to my earlier post, you did attribute it to Senator John Glenn as tech stated. Here is a refresher:

I haven't looked into whether the actual assertions are factual, but you cannot honestly say that you didn't attribute it to John Glenn as Tech has stated.

You know....I didn't realize that at first and I apologize for that to both you and Tech2101.Guess I'm human? :unsure:

You know....I didn't realize that at first and I apologize for that to both you and Tech2101.Guess I'm human? :unsure:
I am also human. My wife tells me I am sub-human at times.

That is why I respect your viewpoint, whether I agree with it or not.

It is great to be an American and enjoy this privilege.

Good God....Puss-N-Boots would be wallowing in kitty litter if he heard you say that! :shock:

Why? Not like I have not been wrong before as well. I seem to recall jumping on something you said a while back and having to eat crow. It is not the end of the world.

Why? Not like I have not been wrong before as well. I seem to recall jumping on something you said a while back and having to eat crow. It is not the end of the world.

I remember arguing [vigorously] on these boards in favor of the Iraq war. BELIEVE ME, we can all be wrong at some point or another. Human, indeed.