Opinions on the new forums look & functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed getting more noticeable to me... in a bad way.

Also, for whatever reason, the site decided I was a mobile theme user, and I was locked into the reduced functionality view for the last 30 minutes. Blowing away cookies, etc. didn't do anything -- seems to be a user profile setting, which is dumb. I might want mobile on the smartphone, and full experience on my desktop.

Still very slow and clunky.

Annoying that we cannot select to view more than eight posts per page. Is the problem that 40 posts per page would make the site even slower?

Reactions: 1 person
<snark>
Maybe it is intended to increase ad impressions...
</snark>

Still slow and getting slower at times.

And now drop down box at the bottom to changer forums, nor a link to go back to the main page of the forum you are using.

The little symbol to the left of the thread titles takes me to the first post of the newest page instead of the first unread post about 3/4 of the time.

I'm noticing that the icon for a new post in a thread will be there and the name of the last poster has changed, but the actual last post of the thread doesn't change for quite a while - 30 minutes or longer - even though I can go to the profile of the person shown as making the latest last post, pull up their posts and see what they posted.

Frankly, this software change reminds me of the US reservation system switchover after the merger...

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
I'm noticing that the icon for a new post in a thread will be there and the name of the last poster has changed, but the actual last post of the thread doesn't change for quite a while - 30 minutes or longer - even though I can go to the profile of the person shown as making the latest last post, pull up their posts and see what they posted.
Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts