Opinions

I tend to doubt it.

The US is unfortunately on the hind end of things when it comes to certifications...

I do agree with that and the US is going to continue to remain behind because they could care less about maintaining a certified work force to maintain the American fleet. Companies and the bought government don't want certified mechanics they want anyone who can read and maybe turn a wrench to maintain the fleet. How many A&PS do you think are here in Taiwan maintaining EVA’s aircraft or that are building this 747-400LCF? I'll tell you how many I have seen, NONE. Yet EVA has some of the best looking aircraft I have seen. What I can see of the maintenance program it seems to be up to par yet where are the certified mechanics? Most of these guys can't even read English. You are right ThirdSeat the US is at the hind end and falling further and further back just as the companies and governments want. What are all the grand unions doing you guys so adore? NOTHING if not helping..

What are all the grand unions doing you guys so adore? NOTHING if not helping..

Are you an A&P mechanic?

What have YOU done about it?

Where is it cast in stone that unions are somehow more obligated to remedy this mess than idiotic individuals like you?

All that aside here is one union that IS doing something, and its something that might make the going a little rougher for hacks like you.

http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/14_Leg_Iss/4..._4582%20v1.html