Ord Gate Space

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
Hey folks,

Was sitting on the tarmac at ORD for 10 minutes the other day, pilot comes on and says "waiting for gate space." This is the third time this has happened on US at ORD in the past few months, so I know it has to be common (2 gates isn't a whole lot)

With the announcement of 2 additional flights from PHL and no apparant cuts to the PIT/CLT-ORD schedule, is there any chance of a third ORD gate even though ORD is so tight for space?? Possibly a new agreement with our codeshare partner to lease out a gate during the day?

On the same topic, it is sickening that SAN is down to 1 gate and we lease a gate (20 I believe) to park our A/C there overnight!

ISP,

I certainly don't have any inside scoop, and like many of the cities we serve, I get to ORD irregularly. Seems like we used a third or fourth gate at times - UAL express uses them also so I assume they belong to them.

Jim

US sure does need more gates at ORD and based on the new scheduling for both UA and AA, you have to wonder if US can lease a gate or two from UA.

I fly into Ord often,it seems that you are always waiting for a gate.f6 was sold to United a while ago,with flights from 3 cities ,we do not have enough gate space.How much money is waisted sitting on the tarmac waiting for a gate in fuel costs?Another reason why we can't survive in a competitive market!

I've commuted out of ORD for years. We are currently down to two gates. We use two of United Express gates only for RON aircraft. If they don't obtain an additional gate, we can be assured of more holds for gates opening.

Latest posts