OREGON TEA PARTY RALLY

I guess you were not one of the creditors who he screwed over. He built one company (poorly), filed for bankruptcy and screwed over his creditors while his money was safe. Started another company (poorly) with out his money and filed bankruptcy again screwing over those creditors ....repeat two more times. Apparently Trump never struggled to make pay roll either. Your support of this cretin is beyond hypocritical. He will take financial gain at the expense of others. He takes no responsibility and no risk. The people who loaned him money or invested after the 1st bankruptcy are bigger idiots than he is. Trump is an unethical playboy.

The fact that you have even an ounce of admiration for this cretin speaks volumes about you.

I guess you were not one of the creditors who he screwed over. He built one company (poorly), filed for bankruptcy and screwed over his creditors while his money was safe. Started another company (poorly) with out his money and filed bankruptcy again screwing over those creditors ....repeat two more times. Apparently Trump never struggled to make pay roll either. Your support of this cretin is beyond hypocritical. He will take financial gain at the expense of others. He takes no responsibility and no risk. The people who loaned him money or invested after the 1st bankruptcy are bigger idiots than he is. Trump is an unethical playboy.

The fact that you have even an ounce of admiration for this cretin speaks volumes about you.

Yes it does! It indicates that I understand that in a free market economy there are winners and losers. Donald Trump and all of his business partners were aware of the RISKS of his ventures. Their Attorney's reviewed the documents, signed them and 4 times their business plans didn't go as planned. All of the creditors, especially the large one could have thrown him into C-7 at any time. Yet most chose to reinvest, taking a short term hit because they believed in the long term value the Trump Organization provided.

I've no sympathy for his investors as they are over the age of 21 and mentally competent, aware of the risk. They gambled and lost, to bad, so sad. It's called Capitalism and rule #1 is never use your own money. Trump didn't use his money which to my mind makes him smart. 2nd rule is the greater the risk, the greater the reward. That's why Sales People take a low salary and work on commission which is the ultimate meritocracy.

Before I moved to the Midwest I lived 28.8 miles from the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Trump has helped create an entire industry in ACY with thousands of good paying jobs while all your boy has done is create misery and debt.

Yes it does! It indicates that I understand that in a free market economy there are winners and losers. Donald Trump and all of his business partners were aware of the RISKS of his ventures. Their Attorney's reviewed the documents, signed them and 4 times their business plans didn't go as planned. All of the creditors, especially the large one could have thrown him into C-7 at any time. Yet most chose to reinvest, taking a short term hit because they believed in the long term value the Trump Organization provided.

I've no sympathy for his investors as they are over the age of 21 and mentally competent, aware of the risk. They gambled and lost, to bad, so sad. It's called Capitalism and rule #1 is never use your own money. Trump didn't use his money which to my mind makes him smart. 2nd rule is the greater the risk, the greater the reward. That's why Sales People take a low salary and work on commission which is the ultimate meritocracy.

Before I moved to the Midwest I lived 28.8 miles from the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Trump has helped create an entire industry in ACY with thousands of good paying jobs while all your boy has done is create misery and debt.

You might want to read up a bit on his shenanigans. You missed a few of the finer points.

Exactly what risk did he take? His money was never at risk. He risked other peoples money on 4 failed adventures. I would not trust Trump to clean my animals kennel.

You might want to read up a bit on his shenanigans. You missed a few of the finer points.

Exactly what risk did he take? His money was never at risk. He risked other peoples money on 4 failed adventures. I would not trust Trump to clean my animals kennel.

Has he been charged with a crime? NO!

Since Trump has created a business/brand that bears his name he has something far greater at risk. His name and reputation which given the fact that he is:
A- Still in business
B- Still has access to financing
and his business's are still intact, growing and expanding is evidence that the investment community still has confidence in him as opposed to the current regime who despite having half of Goldman Sachs on their/ou payroll couldn't stop the recent downgrade in our credit outlook.

C-11 bankruptcy is a tool allowed by law for both individuals to get a "Fresh Start". Trump, like any good businessman he has used all of the tools at his disposal to order to keep, maintain and grow his enterprises. US Airways & America West took 3 trips through BK before merging and I don't see to many folks complaining publicly about that. Also if I recall only certain portions of the Trump Organization went through the C-11 process, never the entire enterprise.

A guy like Trump is famous instead of infamous, unlike Key Lay, The Rigas Family, Jeff Skilling and a host of other CONVICTED CEO's. Love him, hate him but the fact is overall he creates wealth, jobs and adds value to society. He has built an empire, not once but several times and is also a very big, (though for once quiet) philanthropist. Trump Charities

All Barack Obama has done is continue the perversion of the US Constitution, Saddle us with a mountain of debt that is unsustainable, continue the polarization of the US, Continue existing Imperialistic/Interventionist adventures that are ill conceived with no end in sight and just for good measure gotten us into yet another entanglement in Libya. I mean thank God we won the Peace Prize, I shudder to think how many wars we'd have if he hadn't :p

Me?
I'll take the guy who in my mind took the :p "Piece Prize" :p (C'mon you ever see the Donald with an ugly girl?)
I'll take the guy who creates jobs & wealth as opposed to the guy who seeks to confiscate wealth
I'll take the guy who takes the risks in exchange for the reward
I'll take the guy who makes his own way in the world as opposed to the guy who has never created a job, made a payroll or otherwise been anything more than a hog at the Government feeding through.

Donald Trump is a flawed man just as JFK, MLK, Ron Reagan and hosts of others were. Does he have the chops to be President? I don't know, but really could it be worse given the last 10 years?

Continue existing Imperialistic/Interventionist adventures that are ill conceived with no end in sight and just for good measure gotten us into yet another entanglement in Libya. I mean thank God we won the Peace Prize, I shudder to think how many wars we'd have if he hadn't :p

And what has Donald Trump said about Libya? He said if we go in we keep the oil. He has also said that we should sieze Iraq's oil fields. How does that sit with you?

And what has Donald Trump said about Libya? He said if we go in we keep the oil. He has also said that we should sieze Iraq's oil fields. How does that sit with you?

IF and that's a giant IF we put men & women in harms way then we ought to have a clear cut objective, an end strategy and a definition of exactly what constituted victory. Personally if we attack a sovereign nation and are victorious then we get to keep whatever we want! (To the Victor goes the spoils). If we want to bring one of Saddam's palaces over here brick by brick and reassemble it I'm OK with it.

However keeping the oil or anything else is almost as dumb an idea as invading in the first place.

Geez you are like a pit bull with a bone. You just don't let go of crap.

I never said it was illegal. Criminals get off on technicalities all the time in accordance with the law. I am not saying what Trump did was illegal. What I am saying is that he failed at his business ventures 4 times. HE took NO risk. HE lost NO money. HE screwed over his investors. HE made sure his a$$ was covered and had no regard for the people around him. Saying he is flawed is like saying there was a mishap with the Colombia.

I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion. I don't think the guy has snowballs chance in hell of getting elected to dog catcher much less POTUS.

Reactions: 1 person
IF and that's a giant IF we put men & women in harms way then we ought to have a clear cut objective, an end strategy and a definition of exactly what constituted victory. Personally if we attack a sovereign nation and are victorious then we get to keep whatever we want! (To the Victor goes the spoils). If we want to bring one of Saddam's palaces over here brick by brick and reassemble it I'm OK with it.

However keeping the oil or anything else is almost as dumb an idea as invading in the first place.

Then what's all this talk from you about imperialism and not getting ourselves in ventures overseas? What you just said contradicts this. Or are you just saying this so you don't have to admit that Donald Trump is full of crap and you don't agree with him?

Then what's all this talk from you about imperialism and not getting ourselves in ventures overseas? What you just said contradicts this. Or are you just saying this so you don't have to admit that Donald Trump is full of crap and you don't agree with him?

Note the IF in my prior post.

I don't want ONE Marine or any member of the US armed forces in Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya or anyone of the other 130+ countries unless it's the Embassy attachment.

We spend a TRILLION Dollars annually maintaining our empire around the world. IMO it's no coincidence that the cost of doing so is roughly equal to the revenue shortfall in the Federal budget. We can't afford it any longer. I'll leave the morality of our imperialism to the clergy.

What you missed is we shouldn't be there period but since we are then I say, if we conquer your country we take what we want and leave the rest.

However if we never end up in these bizarre foreign entanglements then we never have to debate the merits of keeping the oil now do we? Hope this clears things up.

BTW, I'd never vote for Trump. I want him in the race as he's a colorful character who will help keep everyone on their toes which will be good for America. This cycle more than ever we need someone who will keep the citizens engaged and involved.

Note the IF in my prior post.

I don't want ONE Marine or any member of the US armed forces in Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya or anyone of the other 130+ countries unless it's the Embassy attachment.

We spend a TRILLION Dollars annually maintaining our empire around the world. IMO it's no coincidence that the cost of doing so is roughly equal to the revenue shortfall in the Federal budget. We can't afford it any longer. I'll leave the morality of our imperialism to the clergy.

What you missed is we shouldn't be there period but since we are then I say, if we conquer your country we take what we want and leave the rest.

However if we never end up in these bizarre foreign entanglements then we never have to debate the merits of keeping the oil now do we? Hope this clears things up.

BTW, I'd never vote for Trump. I want him in the race as he's a colorful character who will help keep everyone on their toes which will be good for America. This cycle more than ever we need someone who will keep the citizens engaged and involved.

I give up.

Please make up your mind.

Oh it's been made up just fine! Came to the conclusion watching TV right after I got my Draft card in 1972 and my Draft Lottery number of 283.

Was watching a news story of yet another Viet Nam protest and I recall this homemade sign that asked the following

Who are our Generals in Viet Nam?
General Dynamics
General Electric
General Motors

Those few simple words in an image changed me a great deal from this rather gung ho kick their asses 17 year old into a guy who was prepared to go to jail rather than become cannon fodder for geo-political corporate machinations.

O'Donnell is a Douche but this compilation of these Trump interviews is just a taste of the things that he would face on an open forum. I do agree with O'Donnell that Trump will never run, much less win. As a dem I would love for him to run as an independent. That would guarantee a second term.Trump interview

O'Donnell is a Douche but this compilation of these Trump interviews is just a taste of the things that he would face on an open forum. I do agree with O'Donnell that Trump will never run, much less win. As a dem I would love for him to run as an independent. That would guarantee a second term.Trump interview

So you are saying that you are touchy feely with Obama and his policies?