Orlando Res Closing Jan 10!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/26/2002 1:57:13 PM RumorS wrote:
[P]Sorry INT the hours are correct....; 5 am till midnight for reservations system wide----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]So that means that anyone on the West coast who wants to book a last minute redeye flight will not be able to over the phone? Midnight East coast is 9pm West coast which is a good two hours before the last red eye leaves. Guess thats one way to get the high $ last minute flyers to book on us. Maybe these callers will be switched to the folks across the pond? [/P]

Can't imagine not being a 24hour operation...between the International calls, the weather on the east coast, and all of the West coast bookings done late at night....who will the pax call if their early 6AM flight is cancelled...think this will be a mistake...can't imagine this as a long term change.

when I came into INT res this morning, someone in workload told me that at one time yesterday we had 400 calls on hold in res. This was prior to the announcement of MCO res closing. With tomorrow being the busiest travel day of the year, and bad weather predicted for the northeast, res will be overwhelmed. Morale is at an all time low. I feel like we work in a factory doing piece work, customer service is not possible.

I guess the message on the phone btwn 12m - 5a will say to visit USAirways at USAirways.com. The calls will be backed up at 5a for problems at the website and flifo. What are the top guys thinking? Or are they thinking at all.

I think by deduction the puzzle has been solved...If pax are instructed to refer to the web site for questions overnight and of course they are unable to get the answers they need... introduce the .com classification in RES...Locations yet to be determined...but our answer to express classification at the field...Personally I'm still looking forward to the holidays at home more than ever...Than a casual observance of a lobotomy of U by SWA DL and others...

CWA Update 11/26/2002

Management demands further concessions...

In addition to the January shut-down of MCO res, and the further downsizing of 239 ft and 80 pt airport agents, management today demanded further concessions from all unionized groups at US Airways. They stated the concessions are required to get ATSB loan approval and also to fulfill the terms of the Retirement Systems of Alabama financing - both sources of funding, management said, are required for US Airways to come out of bankruptcy.

Managment said they want to know from each group, by close of business Monday, whether that group will participate in the concessions negotiations, and that they want a unanimous response. That information, according to management, will be presented to the US Airways Board of Directors on Tuesday, December 3, and the Board will determine a future course of action for US Airways.

The concessions demanded of passenger service include changes to benefit plans, and productivity increases which give management the right to contract out certain passenger service work. CWA Local Presidents, staff and advisors will be discussing these issues and we will attempt to coordinate our response with the other US Airways unions.

CWA Local Presidents and Staff

CONTRACT OUT CERTAIN PASSENGER SERVICE WORK ...BYE BYE RESERVATIONS!!!!!!!!

The policy for sick days Should not change. That doesn't mean it won't though. In IND RES we were told in October of '01 that we would close in 1/31/02. We had four months to go through the drama, so you are lucky in that respect. I wouldn't abuse the sick days. They were more than happy to fire people and take away the severance and flight bene's, saved them money in the long run. You should be okay up until the level II, but I wouldn't push it beyond that.

Best of luck.....

Iceberg dead ahead....

Have your Doctor take you out for stress up till the last day!!!! Don't leave any sick time on the books. Remember if you get called back (LOL) you start over, what you had is gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a technical note... that's not true. If/When you are ever called back and should you go, you go back at whatever level you were on (if you were on one) and you go back with the same number of sick days remaining. It's like time froze for a year or three years. We questioned that in Indy but the CWA pointed out that part of the contract. I would imagine it remains in the current wording of the new contract.

..Iceberg dead ahead...

Our thoughts in INT are with you and your co-workers. I can understand your not wanting to relocate, especially not knowing what is around the corner. I am in International res in INT and have taken the vol furlough (after 22 yrs). This decision was not made lightly and is bittersweet. I wish you the best in your decisions. We would be glad to have such a good employee join us in INT.

Transfer?? Whats the point, havent you learned anything from those that showed up on your doorstep from SAN, SYR, IND, and DAY. When push comes to shove you will be out on you bum without a job in a strange city.