OT: FLL finally gets Latin link

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
I know this is off topic, but I figure it is of intrest to people on the AA boards, especially the Latin aviation fans. Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood, after repeated tries, is finally getting it''s first link to Latin America. Aces is starting daily A320 service between FLL and Bogota on 11 December 2002. It''s too bad AA couldn''t be the first carrier in the market, but hopefully FLL-CCS will surface sometime in 2003. Colombia has been one of the healthier LatAm markets lately, with traffic still holding strong (AA is adding a third daily MIA-BOG with a 763 for the holidays).

What is the status on FLL-CCS? 2003?

I know things in Venezuela are not so great right now. DFW has downgraded their daily CCS from a 757 to a 737

What ever happened to Spirit Air flying to CCS, SJO, SJU and other Caribean and Latin American points? AA may have limited flying to Latin America from FLL in the future, but I would expect it to be very small. MIA is where the hub is and the CORE of AA's South America, why would they fly from FLL? For airlines from down south like ACES or Air Jamaica, they are flying from their hubs so FLL is just another flight to the USA. FLL would be great for DAL if they ever went to Latin America from Florida. For AA its a limited opertation.

Status
Not open for further replies.