Outsourcing Not Working/Hokey Pokey (merged)

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US Airways bringing back some workers

Sorta reminds me of the old children's song - I think it was called "The Hokey Pokey". Went something like:

You put one foot in, you put one foot out,
You put one foot in, and shake it all about.

Difference is that with this place it would be:

First you're here, then you're gone.
Now you're back, this picture sure seems wrong.

Jim

US Airways bringing back some workers
A week after laying off hundreds of employees at the Pittsburgh International Airport, US Airways Group Inc. has recalled some employees to clean its aircraft.

"We are recalling a small number of fleet service employees from furlough to perform primarily utility work, cleaning aircraft," said US Airways spokeswoman Amy Kudwa, who declined to say how many workers were being brought back.

Click for Story

They can do it because the Mechanic and Related contracts states All line utility work may be outsourced.

Amazing, Utility makes $14 an hour Fleet makes what $17?

Real cost effective.

On a slightly positive note (very slight), maybe l4p's "Lipstick" campaign is having an effect....

Jim

Cost Effective, it sure is.
Utility does what, JUST CLEAN.
FSA's unload the bird then go up and clean it. So FSA do twice as much work for only a few bucks more. Think about.

Hope777 said:
Cost Effective, it sure is.
Utility does what, JUST CLEAN.
FSA's unload the bird then go up and clean it. So FSA do twice as much work for only a few bucks more. Think about.
[post="259722"][/post]​

Very good point.. They wouldn't have to do it though if the company would get ALPA to clean the aircraft and dump the lavs.. Would save quite a bit of time.. I mean think about it, the capt goes in to get his paperwork but the F/O is going nothing.. So have him go down and hook up the lav truck and dump it.. When he's done the Capt will be back and the both of them can clean the lavs with the F/A's.. Then the company does not have to recall anyone.. Its a good deal..

Oh I forgot.. If you ALPA your special and don't have to help to do anything.. Except of course whine.

The part that really kills me.. At US Airways the ALPA pilot will cry whine and complain about having to do anything except fly.. Then they get a job at JetBlue and they can't wait to clean the cockpit, cabin, throw bags, clean the Jetway whatever.. They jump for joy doing it.. Sitting at US Airways they cry and whine like little girls..

Back