Outsourcing The Airbus

Here Mr. 70 have some Popcorn
popcorn.gif

relax. You seem to be repeating yourself. :)

I said that Bob,
the membership could have voted it down and voted to strike

The only thing I could see now that the IAM should have done was open talks earlier, but the whole airbus outsourcing fiasco led to a total IAM/Management relationship breakdown. There was no trusting management after that.

But a good note, once this representation issue is out of the way, you will see some of the outsourcing work returned back in-house as Finance told MTC outsource everything and no one ever did a review of what could actually be done cheaper in-house, so some work will be returning in the next several months, the only down side is that some equipment will have to be purchased as US auctioned off a lot of equipment.

There were other options. Some on here advocated throwing the company and all the workers under the bus and forcing liquidation IIRC?

Under the bus is NOT an option IMHO. :down: Addressing the problems the company is having and standing up for your Union is an option. :)

Dr.,
I certainly understand that. He is obviously an iam stooge. The "you" I refered to was the iam not necessarily him but I wouldn't rule it out. The End

If everyone would ignore him then he would have nobody to post his “facts” to. He is in a union position and behaves like his union brethren in the early years believing his words and actions “must” be right because of his union association. He was banned from these boards under many names until he took pills and calmed down and reverted to telling everyone his “facts”. Instead of moving on with his life he chooses to stay here and badger people who don’t fit his ideology, that being most posters and the world in general.

The unions have no teeth these days in case you missed that fact. Corporate American is now part of a global thing making unions obsolete. The public, who are themselves fighting to survive, doesn’t care about your silly little woes, many loathing unions as it is without the whining of the union talking heads. Businesses run far and fast from anything to do with unions and why the sectors heavy unionized in this country are the same locations where one needs thirty five years to hold a job they are so scarce.

All this infighting on here already by the “union brethren” over minor issues and the fact this new company already has shown it’s true colors, which are the same colors as the old U, is further evidence of my theory that this new airline is no different than all the rest of the others in deep do-do. It’s only a matter of time before there wouldn’t be any reasons for the 700s and the pineys to be posting on here.

There will be a time when many will actually have to move on with their life. It’s just a shame it will take the official demise of this lead sinker to which tons of people are holding onto with false hopes and dreams of a real future. I work with a few pilots who woke up and realized aviation as we know it is not the place to be, if one wants to remain secure or sane.

First of all I am not an IAM employee.

Second you were banned from this board also, maybe you take pill but I certainly don't.

Third shall I ask ITRADE to tell everyone why you were banned?

Fourth, you are not one to be lecturing people with the moral hypocrisy you have done in your life.

Fifth, you have left US Airways, why do you come back?

I said that Bob,
The only thing I could see now that the IAM should have done was open talks earlier, but the whole airbus outsourcing fiasco led to a total IAM/Management relationship breakdown. There was no trusting management after that.

But a good note, once this representation issue is out of the way, you will see some of the outsourcing work returned back in-house as Finance told MTC outsource everything and no one ever did a review of what could actually be done cheaper in-house, so some work will be returning in the next several months, the only down side is that some equipment will have to be purchased as US auctioned off a lot of equipment.

The company had an "agenda" Mr. 70. DP's world has worked for him. That world didn't include in house heavy checks. It did include saying that "we are considering bringing heavy checks back in house", nothing was done. When they closed down the hanger in Phoenix they sold, gave away and scraped most if not all the heavy check equipment. If you look at the cost of purchasing equipment to re-tool for the heavy checks, it would not be cost effective. The company has used that "carrot" as a distraction for some time. When the Teamsters got voted in and a contract was voted on, the company had striped the hanger of all the necessary equipment to do the heavy checks.

From the first day of the "merger" option the "old" USA was being trimmed and sculpted to fit with the "old" AWA. This was being done so the merger would be all but "turn key". Taking away too much would rock the union boat and possibly prevent or slow the merger. The investors would not of wanted to invest in a company having union problems. The judge was the one who did all the work for the company.

If the company rushes out and purchases equipment to use for the heavy checks it will be a surprise. :)

I think there was a question asked here somewhere about what they actually negoiate in this transition agreement other than bringing in the AWA guys to the IAM. And your little statement about the members being the union is a lie because if that was the case why are the members finding out about the company wanting Airbus relief from this forum and not an union official. Also remember guys our strong scope language the IAM got that for us according to 700 but all the cuts in pay, vacation, and other benefits well the membership voted on those. And by the way the IAM had no problem doing struck work at NWA they probably want fight to hard if the airbus work goes to canada you know dues are dues whether there yours or somebody elses.

the company is not wanting airbus relief.

The company is wanting the ability to have HP mechs and the vendors at their stations do scheduled line mtc, which the current CBA prevents.

And the IAM had nothing to do with the work going to AC, that work went there from Mobile Aerospace because US whored themselves out of chapter 11.

First of all I am not an IAM employee.

Second you were banned from this board also, maybe you take pill but I certainly don't.

Third shall I ask ITRADE to tell everyone why you were banned?

Fourth, you are not one to be lecturing people with the moral hypocrisy you have done in your life.

Fifth, you have left US Airways, why do you come back?
No one said you were an IAM employee, but you sure are part of them, you told me so yourself!

I don't care who you ask...what you do, whose name you throw around.

You are the same bird banned on other boards for being a very fouled mouth, shall we ask Itrade that as well?

Itrade has nothing to do with this discussion but you made him part of it because what I stated is truth and hard very hard for you to swallow.

You want me to go away because I KNOW just who you really are.

We have the equipment for heavy checks, I am talking about back shops.

Hmmmm........yes I saw the "fire sale" they were having. They got rid of every thing. Not a good thing. When they closed down the hanger here they, of course, closed down all the back shops (1995). We have the engine shop again (qec and engine install), sheet metal shop, composite shop. :)

Ok......if you two want to fight....please take it to the PM. It is not a constructive thing for this thread. Thank you. :)

Cal,

You are wrong once again, I was banned from this board for making a comment in regard to a baseball bat and a strikebreaker, I did not PM someone and threaten them like you.

And I know who you really are and what you have done. You have more to lose then I do, so I suggest you go back under your rock.

So I suggest you do not reply and keep this crap out of this thread

Thanks Bob,

I know we agree to disagree on issues, but thanks for watching my back.

Hey Bob, how about them first place New York Giants?

"I was banned from this board for making a comment in regard to a baseball bat and a strikebreaker,"

I am not condoning any violent acts of any sort but HISTORY has shown those two items to go together, but that is "old school", not recommended or accepted by today's unions. :)

Latest posts