P/t Fsa Position In Phl

gso-crew said:
Cavalier seriously, what do for this company? I have busted my butt on a afternoon customer service shift in a medium size city for years. I think I can count my easy days on two hands. Most of them were right on a holiday, while the rest of the world was home eating turkey.
[post="176391"][/post]​

If I told you exactly what I did I would announce to the world my identity, out myself. But I can honestly say you were just in the wrong place because a lot of the time the hardest thing I did was stay awake and that is the God's truth!! If we were asked to work safe then the safety part was not banging your head on your desk while you were falling asleep. Understand that was one of many departments I worked in, heavy maintenance was the toughest and it wasn’t all that tough unless you count nervous foremen watching you like a hawk as they feared for their very jobs. I always did think the recent foreman in heavy maintenance were fools for going that route knowing who they had to answer to, monsters comes to mind.

Jonnyd said:
Heck, I know a lot mainline guys who are working with us for a temporary time who want to stay.
[post="176203"][/post]​

They want to stay to keep working the smaller A/C. Much smaller loads than mainline. Cut their top rate down to MDAs and see how fast they go back to mainline.

wings396 said:
If you are seeking an Airline job in PHL, head over to SWA and apply. If you get called at a later date, run like the wind over to their side. With all of the expansion they have planned, I'm sure they will need to hire off the street at some point in the future. I would be willing to bet they don't have tons of transfers wanting to go to PHL.
[post="175930"][/post]​
Rumor has it WN will have over a hundred flights by next year. That's a lot of opportinity for someone to cross over soon maybe have some decent days off by next year or so.

wnbubbleboy said:
Rumor has it WN will have over a hundred flights by next year. That's a lot of opportinity for someone to cross over soon maybe have some decent days off by next year or so.
[post="176404"][/post]​
All trained compliments of U

OK, so no one should go work at MAA, they should live off unemployment (similar pay for some groups) instead. Yup, that will really show US Airways. Its not like they have 8 or so other Express carriers that pay even worse that they could easily use.

And whoever talked about the good wages at JetBlue needs to do a little research. I've seen people take mock heart attacks when they hear about MDA's work rules, but they are common with most of the industry, JetBlue included.

I'm all for fighting for our professions. You people say you are but you're not. You're about fighting for YOURSELF. As long as you have yours and can hang onto your expectation, who cares about anyone else. You'll sell out your co-workers, sell out the other work groups, take repeated concessions but never leave because of your seniority and the knowlege that you'll never make the same again somewhere else, even with the same seniority. Then you are angry at people for coming to work. You say your jobs have been turned into Wal*Mart jobs... they have, at the other end of the scale that you didnt care about. Can that be changed? Hopefully, since we are such a safety and service oriented industry, with little room for low-quality workers. Blaming or ridiculing people for doing the airline thing will get you nowhere, especially if your own dumbass is still doing the same job. The best thing you can do is educate people and look at the whole big picture and improve it, not just yourself. When you go, your paychecks go with you. You turned your back, and lowered the bar.

Where was all of the outrage when Mesa Airlines was allowed to bring its sweatshop operation into US Airways? And all of the other fleabag contract carriers? Where was the outrage when US Airways went from 11,000 F/As to 5,400 in a matter of months, while the unions were agreeing to increasing CONTRACT RJ flying from 70 jets to hundreds of them while the Airways employees were on the street for three years?

It seems most of you were fine with 40% of the airlines employees being on the street, while the airline became a franchise for every RJ operator in the nation. Did you think of them, keep them in your thoughts? No, you didnt. At least not when you voted.

No one seemed to mind the outsourced RJs but now everyones upset about the new mainline division thats bringing back the junior mainline folks. Could it be that people realize they created thier own enemy? A lower paid, willing, more junior workforce with the same EXACT qualifications and experience as you?

Airline employees are unbelievable sometimes. :down:

Light Years said:
Airline employees are unbelievable sometimes.
[post="176428"][/post]​

Yes they are, as many are, starting to see the light from the real outside world shining thru the cracks of their once sheltered world and it's an ugly sight but it's also where most people exist. I too loved that place and enjoyed it for a time knowing full well it too would succumb. The walls were being shattered years ago when the unions agreed to that two tier wage system, to save thier own a-z-zes causing dissention among the ranks. It’s painfully obviously that a small percentage of the American work force is now unionized and even more painful to watch that small percentage erode ever further because people refuse to do what our forefathers did, stand tough, firm and united.

cavalier said:
Yes they are, as many are, starting to see the light from the real outside world shining thru the cracks of their once sheltered world and it's an ugly sight but it's also where most people exist. I too loved that place and enjoyed it for a time knowing full well it too would succumb. The walls were being shattered years ago when the unions started that two tier wage system causing dissention among the ranks. It’s painfully obviously that a small percentage of the American work force is now unionized and even more painful to watch that small percentage erode ever further because people refuse to do what our forefathers did, stand tough, firm and united.
[post="176429"][/post]​

I agree 100% cav.