Palin is not qualified to be POTUS

Only ones I watch are Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs. I have watch the Palin show and several others and they just seem so canned. I was actually looking forward to Palins show because I have been to Alaska twice and it has got to be some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen.

So long as she stays out of politics I wish her and her family success.

Reactions: 2 people
As soon as she announces I will definitely make a donation to her campaign. As an agnostic liberal I would like nothing more than to see her run for public office again.
So lets get this straight. You often bang that "voters are dumb" meme, but are going donate to a politician whom you do not support? :blink:

Thats a boat load of nerve calling others something you seem to be swimming in. No wonder there was such a shellacking in Nov 2. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
So lets get this straight. You often bang that "voters are dumb" meme, but are going donate to a politician whom you do not support? :blink:

Thats a boat load of nerve calling others something you seem to be swimming in. No wonder there was such a shellacking in Nov 2. :lol:

You think she is electable to high office I do not. Based on my theory it makes sense to keep Palin in the election as she is not a viable option and voters will hold there nose and vote for Obama over Palin.

Again, I am not sure what this obsession you have with me but I would appreciate it if you would leave me out of your comments and just deal with the issues. You are really getting creepy.

And what of Obama?

Or is he the liberal answer to all prayers much like Carter and Clinton?

I do not think he was the answer to anything. He was just the best option at the time. I knew Gitmo and the ME wars would not end any time soon. Not sure why anyone would believe that. I am glad he finally got Cong to abandon DADT and I am glad START passed. Unfortunately he caved big time on health care and the watered down bill is useless. Given that it did not deal with the cost side of the equation it was bound to fail.

The funny thing will be to see the republicans not be able to fulfill their promises any more than the dems were. It's politics.

Reactions: 5 people
Again, I am not sure what this obsession you have with me but I would appreciate it if you would leave me out of your comments and just deal with the issues. You are really getting creepy.
I always deal with the issues and facts. Its not my problem if people skin is to thin to debate the facts either.

Reactions: 3 people
Go for it. I'm bored and the entertainment value might help.

House Democrats recently invited Teresa Ghilarducci, a professor at the New School of Social Research, to testify before a subcommittee on her idea to eliminate the preferential tax treatment of the popular retirement plans. In place of 401(k) plans, she would have workers transfer their dough into government-created "guaranteed retirement accounts" for every worker. The government would deposit $600 (inflation indexed) every year into the GRAs. Each worker would also have to save 5 percent of pay into the accounts, to which the government would pay a measly 3 percent return.

Congress mulls major 401(k) changes
A wide range of sweeping changes to the 401(k) system were proposed Tuesday at a hearing on how the market crisis has devastated retirement savings plans. Chief among them was eliminating $80 billion in tax savings for higher-income people enrolled in 401(k) retirement savings plans. This was suggested by the chairman of the House Committee on Education and Labor.

Administration explores 'R bond' as option for retirement accounts. Automatic IRAs could rely on government bonds as default investments for employees. Officials in the Obama administration are moving quickly to develop the investment infrastructure behind the president’s proposal for mandatory automatic enrollment in individual retirement accounts, which could be supported by the creation of Treasury-issued retirement bonds.

Now im sure you will have some absurd comment to add, but the facts are just that. The facts.

Reactions: 1 person
That is not what the original disscussion was about. IIRC, you claimed that the fed was goinf to confiscate 401k.

That is not what the original disscussion was about. IIRC, you claimed that the fed was goinf to confiscate 401k.
If took the time to read the articles it spelled out how they (Obama) were going to do it (convert existing 401ks) via creation of (fed) Treasury-issued retirement bonds as mentioned in the last link.

Apology accepted. B)

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts