Parker; How Much Longer Will He Last?

Couldn't be worse timing for AA labor -- even with oil plummeting, AA needs a lot of cash coming to be able to service its debt.

Mechanics might want to re-think opposing that TA from January. I don't think the Company's offer would be quite so advantageous to labor if it were on the table today.

They have plenty of cash, over $7B in liquidity.

They can cancel buybacks and other capital expenses.

They have plenty of cash, over $7B in liquidity.

They can cancel buybacks and other capital expenses.
Just read this morning on a Q&A with investors and analyst that he has stopped the buyback programs. Also read that some capital expenditures have also been canceled, moved, or resourced to better fit for the current issues. Not saying this fixes everything, just saying he has already started making the moves you are suggesting. I'm pretty sure all the airlines are getting PRO-active quickly and shutting off the nonessentials of bleeding cash.

I also think we will see help from the government since it was their decision to cut European flying.
I also feel cutting Europe is more damaging to DL than AA with DL and their big JFK European gateway

Reactions: 1AA
I thought it was a little too early for BK talk.a
I also think we will see help from the government since it was their decision to cut European flying.
I also feel cutting Europe is more damaging to DL than AA with DL and their big JFK European gateway
Trump has already stated he is enacting emergency funds for the airlines as they were specifically named in his oval office speech.
The article above that 1AA posted hit me harder than I thought it would. What is scary is AA has a lot less $$$ on hand than they did in the 2011 BK filing AND their debt is a lot higher as well. 29 billion to now over 34 billion plus. That's 5 billion more with about somewhere around 2 billion less in $$$ on hand.
Parker needs to take a pay freeze as other carriers CEO's have done so. But NO, not Parker he will ride this thing out with full pay to the last day. After all AA will NEVER lose money ever again, right? Time to go Parker, pack it up you will soon be replaced if the BOD ever wakes up fully. This is not a small airline anymore. Time to clean house at AA in the upper, upper ranks.

I thought it was a little too early for BK talk.a

Trump has already stated he is enacting emergency funds for the airlines as they were specifically named in his oval office speech.
The article above that 1AA posted hit me harder than I thought it would. What is scary is AA has a lot less $$$ on hand than they did in the 2011 BK filing AND their debt is a lot higher as well. 29 billion to now over 34 billion plus. That's 5 billion more with about somewhere around 2 billion less in $$$ on hand.
Parker needs to take a pay freeze as other carriers CEO's have done so. But NO, not Parker he will ride this thing out with full pay to the last day. After all AA will NEVER lose money ever again, right? Time to go Parker, pack it up you will soon be replaced if the BOD ever wakes up fully. This is not a small airline anymore. Time to clean house at AA in the upper, upper ranks.
What is a pay freeze for a CEO going to do to a 48 billion dollar company.As far as well never lose money again this is unprecedented and you know it

Maybe you should look at the source before you post.Dude is in Kenya probably runs a phone scam on the side
I know, I read that. Most or all of these stories are from bloggers or opinions from people in the financial field. Too bad they can't predict when the market will bottom out and begin to recover.

I know, I read that. Most or all of these stories are from bloggers or opinions from people in the financial field. Too bad they can't predict when the market will bottom out and begin to recover.
I can tell you when they will recover as soon as Biden is officially nominated and it will be called the Biden bump and then it will be 24/7 how Biden will come in to save us all.
Gag me

When Parker gave the guidance that their $7B in liquidity would be enough, nobody expected to see a ban on traffic to/from the EU.

There will be bankruptcies. Maybe not AAL, but at least one of their oneworld partners is on my short list of candidates.....

What is a pay freeze for a CEO going to do to a 48 billion dollar company.As far as well never lose money again this is unprecedented and you know it

I am pretty sure Parker gets no salary, he has only received stock as compensation since 9/11 unless that changed in the last few years.

Where ya been? Everyone knows why CEO's take the first step on cutting their salary's. This way no one can or should question when they come after the employees for some minor or even major concessions. When you start seeing CEO's taking freezes in pay, pay cuts and even forgoing salaries get ready for the trickle effect.
Even JB just got on the train for salary cuts, still Parker does nothing. Because AA will NEVER lose money again, ever...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetblue-ceo-latest-airline-exec-202914506.html

Latest posts