Passenger Dies After Being Subdued

nyc6035 said:
This thread has brought home the point that this is a TEXAS based airline. The state that has put to death more of it's citizens than any other state in the union..by far.

Ask for a beer...get the death penalty.
[post="258068"][/post]​

Spare me... As much as I wholeheartedly agree with my adopted state's approach to stacking up death row inmates like firewood, this incident has nothing to do with that or where the airline is based.

This wasn't just a drunk asking for another beer.

The undisputed facts of the matter are that this guy became irrational and uncontrollable in the cabin after being refused alcohol, was given an opportunity to control his actions, and when he didn't, he was restrained with flex-cuffs. Even after taking that extreme step, he continued on with his irrational and now violent behavior.

What's to say that if he broke free from his seat that he wouldn't have gone after one of the flight attendant who refused him a beer? What's to say that he wouldn't have tried to storm the cockpit door?

It's easy for the bleeding heart liberals to second guess what happened, but the same ones who are saying the passengers went overboard would probably have pissed themselves silly had they been onboard.

nyc6035 said:
This thread has brought home the point that this is a TEXAS based airline. The state that has put to death more of it's citizens than any other state in the union..by far.
[post="258068"][/post]​

"We kill 'em so fast we've got an express lane."

I don't recall the clowns name but a few yrs back this guy ( a US citizen) in Hong Kong got cained for.. what was it spray painting a car? The world and especially the US liberals decried this legal form of punishment in a sovereign nation. This guy returned to US and soon was in trouble with the police.
You can be sure of 2 things:
A} If he would have stayed in that country he would have remained a model citizen. B} There is very little crime in that nation.
The moral is there are consequences for your actions. So the guy only wanted a beer did his selfish thrist make him above the law. As far as I'm concerned there should be a video and it should also be shown on every flight. He was responsible for his own actions. .....So SORRY
Ps It may not have been Hong Kong

DFWCC said:
I don't recall the clowns name but a few yrs back this guy ( a US citizen) in Hong Kong got cained for.. what was it spray painting a car?
...Ps It may not have been Hong Kong
[post="258090"][/post]​

FWIW as I recall it was Sinagapore...

Former ModerAAtor said:
It's easy for the bleeding heart liberals to second guess what happened...
[post="258079"][/post]​
And apparently as easy for jack-booted thugs to do the same. Unless you were on that flight, you too don't know what happened, but that didn't stop you from claiming that they did the right thing. Reminds me of a story about a pot and a kettle...

nyc6035 said:
FWIW as I recall it was Sinagapore...
[post="258110"][/post]​
It was, indeed. Hong Kong's government wasn't quite that draconian.

Former ModerAAtor,Mar 24 2005, 03:54 AM]
This wasn't just a drunk asking for another beer.

The undisputed facts of the matter are that this guy became irrational and uncontrollable in the cabin after being refused alcohol, was given an opportunity to control his actions, and when he didn't, he was restrained with flex-cuffs. Even after taking that extreme step, he continued on with his irrational and now violent behavior.

Undisputed facts?Where you there? The only undisputed fact is that the guy is dead.

What's to say that if he broke free from his seat that he wouldn't have gone after one of the flight attendant who refused him a beer?

Whats to say that the guy sitting calmly wont all of a sudden snap and go after a Flight Attendant? Maybe we should just flex cuff every passenger to their seat? You know better safe than sorry right?

What's to say that he wouldn't have tried to storm the cockpit door?

He would have better luck with a lav door.

It's easy for the bleeding heart liberals to second guess what happened, but the same ones who are saying the passengers went overboard would probably have pissed themselves silly had they been onboard.

Who said they went overboard? Is demanding a beer or becoming disruptive a crime worthy of the death penalty? Maybe it was accidental, but if the guys who subdued him felt like you in that he "deserved" to die" and they acted on their beliefs then it was murder.

Has anyone thought that maybe the passengres who subdued the fellow thought they were doing the right thing. They had no intention to kill him, but in fact he died. Who knows what he died from? It may had been drug induced, and he would have died anyway. We need to get the full story to know the deal.
Time will tell.

Did they go after this guy with the intent to kill him? Probably not. Did they go after this guy with the intent to “teach him a lessonâ€￾. That is the $100 dollar question. Given the mentality and thirst for blood that, if you believe popular media, is very prevalent in our society, I would argue that there is a very good possibility. I find it difficult to believe that 7 men can not subdue one man with out the use of lethal or excessive force. It just does not add up.

DFWCC and Hopeful.

It is the job of the police to protect ALL citizens. As I understand it they are only permitted to use lethal force when their lives or those of innocents are at stake. I do not believe it is the police hand book that “it’s ok to beat the crap out of someone just because you think he/she deserves it or because you are frustratedâ€￾. They are trained professionals. If 13 of them (or what ever the count was) can not subdue one man, they need better training or a new vocation.

oldbscaler said:
Has anyone thought that maybe the passengres who subdued the fellow thought they were doing the right thing. They had no intention to kill him, but in fact he died. Who knows what he died from? It may had been drug induced, and he would have died anyway. We need to get the full story to know the deal.
Time will tell.
[post="258484"][/post]​
True, but what I have an issue with is those that claim that he got what he deserved.

Accidents happen, I would just hope that those who did step in are saddened by the outcome and view it as an accident and not some form of "Justice".

Bob Owens said:
True, but what I have an issue with is those that claim that he got what he deserved.

Accidents happen, I would just hope that those who did step in are saddened by the outcome and view it as an accident and not some form of "Justice".
[post="258696"][/post]​

If you walk into a jungle full of lions knowing that you may get eaten, don't be too upset when it happens.

These days everybody is rather tense when travelling by air. You are an idiot if you believe that you can do whatever you want whenever you what whereever you want in today's society and not expect some repurcussions up to and including your own demise. Some would call this the application of Darwin's "Survival of the fittest" to the human race.

For other simalar incidents to this one, check out the following website:
The Darwin Awards

Latest posts