PAWOB Award - Week of 3/19 to 3/25/2007

Jan 9, 2004
Pittsburgh PA
Well, this week the Prince doesn't have anyone in mind to give the award to, because my week has been relatively placid. Since I can't give myself the award (not that I necessarily would), I thought it would be better to see if someone on the board has a candidate. So folks, it's your turn this week to give out the PAWOB award.

Have fun!

Well, this week the Prince doesn't have anyone in mind to give the award to, because my week has been relatively placid. Since I can't give myself the award (not that I necessarily would), I thought it would be better to see if someone on the board has a candidate. So folks, it's your turn this week to give out the PAWOB award.

Have fun!
All the employees of US Airways (Non-Management)

Have fun!

Sherry Shamblin for arriving from PHX without baggage.

Watch Crew news 3/22 and see what I mean. She contributed nothing. Hopefully the last time she'll appear at a crew news session with no ability to discuss issues that affect the flight attendants she is responsible for.

How's about the Steelers head coach?

USAirways, Tomlin said, lost the bag he checked on his direct flight to the NFL meetings in Phoenix from Pittsburgh and gave him the run-around since that occurred Saturday night. Sunday, he was told his bag was in Phoenix and would be delivered to his hotel within four hours. He waited; no bags. He called, again and again.

Monday, Tomlin rode to the airport "to dig it out myself."

"I get over there, and they tell me the bag is not there," Tomlin was saying at breakfast yesterday morning. "I said, 'I've been talking to your call center all weekend, and they said the bag is here.'

"They said, 'I don't care what they told you on the 1-800 number, your bag isn't here.' "

He was offered a $25 voucher on his next flight for his troubles.

"Well, somewhere during the conversation, I see my bag behind her in a pile," Tomlin said. "I said, 'That's my bag!' She said, 'Sir, your bag's not here, the computer says'... I said 'I understand what the computer says, but I'm looking at my bag! It's a black bag, Pittsburgh Steelers. It's my bag.'

"So, I walk around the counter and at that point, she started to get mad. I pulled the tag off and showed her it was my bag. I had to dig it out myself."

Tomlin related that story to a handful of writers gathered around him yesterday as the morning sun popped up in the desert.

Word of mouth advertising is the most effective means they say.....

Story

It just keeps getting better. Wonder how Tempe will spin this one?

US Airways is pleased to report that Mr. Tomlin's luggage was lost without transitting Philadelphia.

"We are happy to let Mr. Tomlin know that his problem did not arise from our chronically deficient operation, but as a result of one of the best parts of our airline." said a company spokeswoman.

Have fun!

Can someone fill me in on what PAWOB means? I think I know but I'm not sure. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks! :)

Passenger(s) Arrived WithOut Bags...

Yes. Passengers Arriving WithOut Baggage, which is one of the many things I'm good at fixing when I'm on duty. Thus, the Princely monniker.

Incidentally, the best way to fix a PAWOB is to avoid it in the first place. It's one of the reasons I appreciate all of the work my coworkers perform in PIT, Express AND Mainline.

Latest posts