Paycheck problems for west FA's

For the third time I have had paycheck issues. The first two times I was underpaid by several hundred dollars. Now on this last paycheck I was overpaid. Are the west FA's the only one having these issues? To say this is getting old is an understatement.

The following is the latest hotline from the west MEC.

In the wake of yet another “human error†affecting flight attendant’s paychecks, the company informed the union that over three hundred flight attendants were overpaid vacation time earned in December 2007 and reflected on their January 18, 2008 paycheck. The Company is sending letters to the affected flight attendants outlining the timekeeping error and flight attendant repayment options. In overpayment situations our Contract allows flight attendants the ability to make repayments thru payroll deductions over four months.

Earlier this month, the company notified flight attendants that they either underpaid or overpaid the premium pay associated with the “A†flight attendant position in November 2007 (reflected on the December 20 paycheck).

After management “held hostage†$ 25,000 in flight attendant Lead Pay last April, CEO Doug Parker made promises that payroll problems would take a higher priority and be placed on the permanent agenda for weekly US Airways Executive Officer and Senior Management conference calls. It seems another “Parker Promise†has fallen by the wayside.

Flight Attendants and all other employees come to work, do their jobs, and expect to be paid correctly. Doug Parker’s continued failures in fixing these paycheck errors are inexcusable.

The MEC is in consultation with our attorneys and will take the necessary action to ensure that the Company complies with all contractual and legal obligations. Employees can contact the US Department of Labor, Employment Standards Administration, Wage and Hour Division to lodge a complaint or concern by linking to the following site. http://www.dol.gov/cgi-bin/compliance_contactus.asp or call the Department of Labor National Call Center at 1-866-4-USA-DOL.

Gary Richardson
MEC President
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA

For the third time I have had paycheck issues. The first two times I was underpaid by several hundred dollars. Now on this last paycheck I was overpaid. Are the west FA's the only one having these issues? To say this is getting old is an understatement.

In the wake of yet another “human error†affecting flight attendant’s paychecks, the company informed the union that over three hundred flight attendants were overpaid vacation time earned in December 2007 and reflected on their January 18, 2008 paycheck. The Company is sending letters to the affected flight attendants outlining the timekeeping error and flight attendant repayment options. In overpayment situations our Contract allows flight attendants the ability to make repayments thru payroll deductions over four months.

Earlier this month, the company notified flight attendants that they either underpaid or overpaid the premium pay associated with the “A†flight attendant position in November 2007 (reflected on the December 20 paycheck).

After management “held hostage†$ 25,000 in flight attendant Lead Pay last April, CEO Doug Parker made promises that payroll problems would take a higher priority and be placed on the permanent agenda for weekly US Airways Executive Officer and Senior Management conference calls. It seems another “Parker Promise†has fallen by the wayside.

Flight Attendants and all other employees come to work, do their jobs, and expect to be paid correctly. Doug Parker’s continued failures in fixing these paycheck errors are inexcusable.

The MEC is in consultation with our attorneys and will take the necessary action to ensure that the Company complies with all contractual and legal obligations. Employees can contact the US Department of Labor, Employment Standards Administration, Wage and Hour Division to lodge a complaint or concern by linking to the following site. http://www.dol.gov/cgi-bin/compliance_contactus.asp or call the Department of Labor National Call Center at 1-866-4-USA-DOL.

Gary Richardson
MEC President
This is continually happening sporadically throughout the company. I strongly suggest you take the advise and contact the Department of Labor. They are honestly a nice group of people, very informative and very helpful. They helped me resolve a dispute with a previous employer, informed me of my rights, did most of the work(I had to fill out one form) and got me more than I was asking for. They can not log your complaints and keep on top of these matters if noone is advising them of what it going on. PLEASE CALL THEM!!!

Gary Richardson
MEC President
This is continually happening sporadically throughout the company. I strongly suggest you take the advise and contact the Department of Labor. They are honestly a nice group of people, very informative and very helpful. They helped me resolve a dispute with a previous employer, informed me of my rights, did most of the work(I had to fill out one form) and got me more than I was asking for. They can not log your complaints and keep on top of these matters if noone is advising them of what it going on. PLEASE CALL THEM!!!