crew meals and other changes are back for east f/a's

Even with these stepped "snap-backs" in our contract, F/A's and pilots at US are cheap labor under current agreements. Why do you think the company has dragged its feet for over three years in negotiating new contracts??

What I think they(Tempe management) are missing are the financial synergies that could be recognized by truly operating as a single airline AND the serious morale damage that is being caused by operating, in large part, two different airlines. They have effectively pitted East vs West but that IMO only hurts the product. And such dissention in the ranks and low morale is completely obvious to our passengers.

Again, on paper it probably looks cheap to operate this way, but until the F/A and pilot contracts are settled into single working agreements, this airline will not move forward and become a long-term viable entity.

My guess--the contracts will not be settled until there is another merger or buyout of the company....

The longer Tempe drags this out, the more it hurts our airline across the board.

(Please don't use this post as a reason to get into discussion of East vs West or union politics---they have been discussed here ad nauseum)

In the meantime, I'll try not to spend my tiny snap-back raise in one place..... :up:

Even with these stepped "snap-backs" in our contract, F/A's and pilots at US are cheap labor under current agreements. Why do you think the company has dragged its feet for over three years in negotiating new contracts??

What I think they(Tempe management) are missing are the financial synergies that could be recognized by truly operating as a single airline AND the serious morale damage that is being caused by operating, in large part, two different airlines. They have effectively pitted East vs West but that IMO only hurts the product. And such dissention in the ranks and low morale is completely obvious to our passengers.

Again, on paper it probably looks cheap to operate this way, but until the F/A and pilot contracts are settled into single working agreements, this airline will not move forward and become a long-term viable entity.

My guess--the contracts will not be settled until there is another merger or buyout of the company....

The longer Tempe drags this out, the more it hurts our airline across the board.

(Please don't use this post as a reason to get into discussion of East vs West or union politics---they have been discussed here ad nauseum)

In the meantime, I'll try not to spend my tiny snap-back raise in one place..... :up:

:up: :up: :up: Great post!

Latest posts