Pelosi Sports A Hijab

IT does indeed cut both ways...but when the president seems hell bent on an imperial presidency...it might take an imperial congress to get his attention.

Imperial president... at times, I couldn't agree more!

to get his attention.... two wrongs don't make a right. Congress should use other techniques to get his attention, preferably techniques that do not violate the well-settled principles of our Constitution.

She is very vocal with her disgust with our President and this war,
And the rest of the Nation isn't disgusted at Bush? Him and his Sidedick, think they are above everything. Congress should be impeaching him. You ever think why General Powell jumped ship? Or why are so many Generals being replaced, because they are not YES men.

Imperial president... at times, I couldn't agree more!

to get his attention.... two wrongs don't make a right. Congress should use other techniques to get his attention, preferably techniques that do not violate the well-settled principles of our Constitution.
Two wrongs don't make a right, I agree. However, when it comes to "balance of power" and one branch is strongarming...how else do you achieve that "balance"?

Evidently Shes trying to make a deal behind Israel's back without their knowledge and their pissed, yea she's a real gem of a mouth piece alright, Kissing the Arse of the enemy while giving Israel the finger...
You are wrong.

(04-02) 04:00 PDT Jerusalem -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi agreed Sunday to deliver a message from Israel to Syrian leaders that Israel will agree to peace talks only if Damascus renounces terrorism.

The announcement, made after Pelosi met with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, came despite renewed criticism from the White House of Pelosi's decision to lead a congressional delegation to Syria, a country accused by the Bush administration of sponsoring terrorism and destabilizing the region.

"Pelosi is conveying that Israel is willing to talk if they (Syria) would openly take steps to stop supporting terrorism," said Olmert's spokeswoman, Miri Eisin. "But at this point the Syrian government, by openly backing terror all around the Middle East, is not a partner for negotiations."

Pelosi also announced during a dinner given in her honor at the Knesset, Israel's parliament, that she would ask Syrian leaders about the status of the Israeli soldiers whose abduction by Hezbollah militants in July 2006 trig-gered last summer's war between Israel and Lebanon.

----------------

Knesset Speaker Dalia Itzik also backed the decision to engage Syria.

"Your expected visit to Damascus has naturally touched off a political debate in your country, and, of course, here," said Itzik, a member of Olmert's Kadima party. "I believe in your worthy intentions. Perhaps a step, seen as unpopular at this stage ... will make it clear to the Syrian people and leadership they must abandon the axis of evil, that they must stop supporting terrorism and giving shelter to its bases."

Itzik and Pelosi exchanged compliments on each becoming the first woman speaker in their respective houses.

"It took you more than 230 years, it took us only 58," Itzik said.

----------------

California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein strongly backed Pelosi's decision.

"I'm very supportive of what the speaker is doing," Feinstein told CNN's "Late Edition." "The time has come for members to begin to go to some of these countries and establish their own dialogue and see for themselves. ... Republicans have gone to Syria on more than one occasion. There is no reason why this bipartisan delegation should not as well."

Indeed, three GOP congressmen -- Frank Wolf from Virginia, Pennsylvania's Joe Pitts and Robert Aderholt of Alabama -- met with Assad in Syria on Sunday.

San Francisco Chronicle - Pelosi to take message from Jerusalem to Syria

Even Israel's Acting President, Dalia Itzik, was much more moderate than [acting White House press secretary Dana] Perino. She told Pelosi yesterday that,

"Your expected visit to Damascus has naturally touched off a political debate in your country, and of course, here... I believe in your worthy intentions. Perhaps a step, seen as unpopular at this stage ... will clarify to the Syrian people and leadership they must abandon the axis of evil (and) stop supporting terrorism and giving shelter to (terrorist) headquarters."

Yahoo! News - Pelosi's Spring Break in Syria

Acting President Dalia Itzik on Sunday defended U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's planned visit to Syria, a trip the White House had attempted to dissuade her from taking.

Pelosi, speaking at a dinner hosted by Itzik at the Knesset building, said she would raise with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad the issue of captive Israel Defense Forces soldiers Ehud Goldwasser, Eldad Regev and Gilad Shalit.

"Your expected visit to Damascus has naturally touched off a political debate in your country, and of course, here," Itzik said in televised remarks.

"I believe in your worthy intentions. Perhaps a step, seen as unpopular at this stage ... will clarify to the Syrian people and leadership they must abandon the axis of evil [and] stop supporting terrorism and giving shelter to [terrorist] headquarters," said Itzik, a member of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's Kadima party.

Pelosi will convey a message to Syria from Olmert that Israel is interested in peace if Damascus stops supporting terrorism, an Israeli official said Sunday.

Pelosi met Sunday with Olmert and the families of the abducted IDF soldiers, as part of a Middle East tour that has drawn criticism from the White House because of a planned stop in Syria.

"Pelosi is conveying that Israel is willing to talk if they [Syria] would openly take steps to stop supporting terrorism," Olmert spokeswoman Miri Eisin said. "But at this point the Syrian government, by openly backing terror all around the Middle East, is not a partner for negotiations."

Haaretz - Itzik: Pelosi's trip to Syria could sway it to abandon 'axis of evil'

Seems to me that since Bush is not doing his job, the other folks in power are having to do it for him. Atwater, Wolf, Pelosi etal are going over there trying to patch together some sort of resolution that will bring this sad cluster phuck to a close.

Seems to me that since Bush is not doing his job, the other folks in power are having to do it for him. Atwater, Wolf, Pelosi etal are going over there trying to patch together some sort of resolution that will bring this sad cluster phuck to a close.
Bush by going over there would be a personal Conflict of Interest. Dickie, has to play low key due to what Haliburon pulled last month. :down: :down:

Hmmm...various citations from TWAnr are all negated by a TV ad by a republican organization. Yep...just goes to show you can only trust you-tube to have the facts...unless it was something created by Moveon.org.

C'mon Jew (JUDE) Hater, your true colors are showing. :p

C'mon Jew (JUDE) Hater, your true colors are showing. :p
Where'd you get that I was a Jew Hater? I said "republican" organization, not Jewish organization. Jews have traditionally voted democrat. If Moses were the one who visited Syria as a democrat, I think this organization would have made a very similar ad. But...does youtube trump all other sources???? You seem to think so. You do realize that it's many right wing organizations that also claim the holocast never happened...don't you?