Petition regarding TSA

desertgal

Senior
Aug 4, 2005
I am tired of this country's short term memory.
Please sign and share this petition regarding TSA's decision to allow knives (weapons) in the cabin.
Anyone who has a knife they absolutely need to bring along with them, (hunters, someone collecting a keepsake from departed family, sales samples, etc) is welcome to check it in.
There is an easy Facebook link so you can share it.
Thank you.

https://petitions.wh...re-911/SSzf8wmd

Anyone who has a knife they absolutely need to bring along with them, (hunters, someone collecting a keepsake from departed family, sales samples, etc) is welcome to check it in.

Yes, they can check it, but for a fee that didn't exist back around the time the restriction that was put into place.

Get the TSA to force airlines to waive checked bag fees for a bag being checked due to a TSA prohibited item being in it, and I'll sign the petition...

I don't want to argue with you about revenue generating fees.
At least there is an option.
Not much of an option for the dead crews and pax.
Just hoping for some help for the front line.
Support me and thousands of other Flight Attendants or don't.
Everyone has to make a stand for what they believe in.
I rarely post.
Even rarer still that I actually start a topic.
Thank you for reading my post.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah; what a toilet this country is in, upset or deranged passengers with knives back on planes and cocky teachers with guns in our classrooms. I don't know what good it will do but I'm signing.

Good luck to all..

Arming teachers makes about as much sense as arming pilots.

Oh, wait. We did that.

The current boss of the TSA is the same idiot who thought it would be OK to release illegal aliens scheduled for deportation, all in the name of budget cuts. Don't count on common sense being applied by anyone working for Napolitano.

You'll have better luck lobbying your Senators and Reps to try and override the agency.

I can't even count how many times that I have flown in my life, and have never taken a knife along.
As far as for hunting purposes, if they're going on a hunting trip, I'm thinking that they may already be checking a bag anyways. It's only a matter of time before this new policy comes back to bite someone in the arse.

If I brought a pocket knife or a 4 iron on a flight, the only person in an uproar should be John John because I checked in FCFS and ruined his life as he knows it. If a terrorist brings said items on the plane with bad intent, your only concern should be the diversion to the closest airport while they land and remove the perpetrator and the Taylor Made club stuffed up his arse by a aware, fedup public.

People, come on. You don't need Obama taking your Big Gulp away, nor do you need to imagine a WWI trench in economy class if I bring my leatherman on.

I guess that you have forgotten how much damage was done with those boxcutters a few years ago. Sure you can divert, but plenty can happen prior to getting on the ground. The front end crew may be safe, but not the passengers or the FA's.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry I should agree with you the old FA's are helpless by admission, but the 200 passengers, by percentage enough young, are going to destroy anyone f'ing up on a commercial flight. Pick up a seat cushion, 2 straps for protection, and then beat the chit of perp.

The front end crew may be safe, but not the passengers or the FA's.

You have a boxcutter, a shoe with a fuse, and believe earth is 4000 years old and only killing Americans will get you to 70 bitching virgins.

I'm sitting in 30E.

Tell me how you take over the cockpit before your colostomy.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Perceptions and attitudes have changed. With the hardened cockpit door, heightened awareness on the pat of the flight attendants, and a changed passenger mindset as far as cooperating with hijackers goes, I doubt it would be a repeatable event.

Besides, Obama said OBL is dead and Al Queda is on the run. Junior high school students touring the White House present more of a security risk than a pen knife does. Perhaps by reducing all of the knife confiscations at checkpoints, TSA will finally be able to reduce the amount of overtime they incur.

You are saying a boxcutter can hijack a airline post 9/11 wing? Seriously?
No, but I am clearly stating that it still can injure passengers and F/A's. Are the pilots the only ones we care about here? We all know how many crazy bastards are out there anyway, so why put anything in their hands that can do any harm inflight to begin with?

Pilots are armed much like me when I go out of the house. Let liberal media try and make me feel guilty for not being a victim.

You clearly think FA's are going to be injured by pocket knifes. Bubba is going to stab old ladies why?

For the same reason any of these traveling jerks get into a rage when something doesn't go their way on a flight. Surely you have heard of the countless issues of some idiot losing their cool inflight, and having to be restrained until landing. Please give me ONE, just ONE good reason why anyone needs ANY type of a knife onboard of a commercial aircraft? Based on what your posting, it appears as if you are attempting to link this issue to other political issues, and that is not my position on this at all.

Pilots are armed much like me when I go out of the house. Let liberal media try and make me feel guilty for not being a victim.

You clearly think FA's are going to be injured by pocket knifes. Bubba is going to stab old ladies why?

I'd sign a petition to start profiling and leave handicapped little girls alone. All PC stuff has taken common sense out of screening. Liberals are too worried about hurting someone's feelings with the exception of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS9aUYrJZbo

Source: Yahoo
Why is El Al the safest airlines to fly, as to terrorism?
As arguably the most maligned and hated group of human beings on the planet -- Muslim extremists openly preach killing Jews and wiping out Israel -- it is singularly astounding that not one El Al airplane has been blown out of the sky. How do they achieve such success? Do they use full body scanners? No. Do they pat down every passenger boarding their planes? No. Do they single out 90 year-old grandmothers for special scrutiny? No. What is the key to their success? Profiling, informed by the historical fact that, overwhelmingly, most terrorism is committed by...guess who?

And do you think “you know who” would accept profiling? Or that they care at all that, because they oppose profiling, we must all suffer TSA agents staring at our naked bodies? We all know the answer to those questions.