Petition regarding TSA

desertgal

Senior
Aug 4, 2005
I am tired of this country's short term memory.
Please sign and share this petition regarding TSA's decision to allow knives (weapons) in the cabin.
Anyone who has a knife they absolutely need to bring along with them, (hunters, someone collecting a keepsake from departed family, sales samples, etc) is welcome to check it in.
There is an easy Facebook link so you can share it.
Thank you.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/keep-knives-plane-block-transportation-security-administration-policy-decision-accept-pre-911/SSzf8wmd

Reactions: 1 person
Sara Nelson, AFA International Vice President, has stated in the past to the news media that 9/11 is "intensely personal" because she had friends that were killed on flight 175. She's letting emotion cloud what should be facts and common sense.

Need proof? Here's her testimony before the US Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security just one year ago: (PDF warning)

Sara Nelson AFA International Vice President said:

Seriously? :blink: Cue the laugh track. Sara, did you know that the Government Accountability Office has stated that security is no better now than it was before 9/11? Well, we do have over ten times the cost and the erosion of our freedom and rights, so I guess we have that going for us. :rolleyes:

Sara Nelson AFA International Vice President said:

Okay Sara, I'm typing this slowly so you can comprehend it: 9/11 did not happen because of lax security, it was because of complying with the demands of the hijackers and giving them access to the cockpit.

This isn't the first time AFA has lied and tried to generate fear. In 2005, the TSA announced they would allow things like screwdrivers, certain types of scissors, etc. AFA launched a shrill petition website, LeaveAllBladesBehind.com, complete with a picture of various knives that the TSA had no intention of allowing into the sterile area.

That petition went nowhere, just as this one should, and somehow we managed to not have blood running down the aisles of commercial aircraft in the last 7 years.

It seems like every time I hear about an issue with a "suspicious" passenger, it involves a UA FA. Enough is enough. They've had a dozen years to seek professional couselling or another line of work - it's well past the time they should still be submitting the rest of us to their paranoia.

Thankfully, all the FAs at US I used to fly with did not share Sara Nelson's paranoia.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts